Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL Open House  (Read 1608 times)

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: WUSTL Open House
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 01:03:10 PM »
St. Louis also has good baseball with the Cardinals.  Major plus in my book, considering they are my 2nd favorite team 19 times a year (anyone who plays the Cubs is my 2nd favorite team).

no you didn't.  this cubs fan is fuming.  how can you hate the CUBS? 

GO_PTO

• Sr. Citizen
  • my children... I have returned for law school!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - helios933
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 02:29:07 PM »
My sis is a 1L at Wash U and her rent is $200 for a bedroom in a three bedroom apt at "the loop" (about two blocks from campus). The cheap rent my help offset the tuition.
(163+172)/3.5

ilsox7

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2005, 04:10:48 PM »
St. Louis also has good baseball with the Cardinals.  Major plus in my book, considering they are my 2nd favorite team 19 times a year (anyone who plays the Cubs is my 2nd favorite team).

When you're from Chicago, it's Cubs or White Sox.  I'm a diehard White Sox fan.  I detest the frat party that are Cub games and the team itself.  It's also sad for a franchise to embrace losing like the Cubs have (Lovable Losers). 

lonahawk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2005, 05:55:49 PM »

Fair enough - I'm from Chicago and grew up actually thinking less of a person when I found out they rooted for the white sox.  I remember saying to a girl in fourth grade "But you're so nice.  How can you be a white sox fan?"
When you're from Chicago, it's Cubs or White Sox.  I'm a diehard White Sox fan.  I detest the frat party that are Cub games and the team itself. It's also sad for a franchise to embrace losing like the Cubs have (Lovable Losers).

KappaOne

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 09:44:45 PM »
WUSTL is a great school, especially if you remain in St. Louis or the Midwest.  I'm a native of the St. Louis Metropolitan area and there are a lot of affordable places to live.  St. Louis is aptly referred to as the 20-minute city.

You can get to and from just about anywhere in the area in about 20 minutes. Overall, St. Louis is a large city, with a small town feel.  My wife is originally from Georgia and in just under a year, learned her way around the city.  St. Louis is a great sports town.  You have the Rams (and the new dome), the Blues and the Cardinals.  There are great malls like the Galleria (every once in a while you can run into a professional athlete there), the West County mall and others.

Apartments are affordable because there are a variety of options to choose from.  Someone on the board mentioned the Central West End.  This is a nice area that probably has some of the highest rents in the region.  Go a little farther into the suburbs of South County, West County, or even across the river in Illinois (e.g., Edwardsville -- another nice and clean college town) and you can get a lot of bang for your buck.

I can share more about the city and the school if you have an specific questions.