Law School Discussion

in at Duquesne

lauralynne

• '02 PSU Alum
    • View Profile
    • Email
in at Duquesne
« on: January 08, 2005, 10:45:01 AM »
big safety for me, but nice to have my first acceptance!

bhvexille

Re: in at Duquesne
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 10:47:25 AM »
Congratulations!

Now you KNOW you're going to law school--I can't wait 'till I join that club.

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 10:42:43 AM »
Congrats lauralynne.  Duquesne is a good school with a great rep in the Pittsburgh area.  I got in as well but will be attending Case Western due to binding ED.  Good luck next year.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 11:44:23 AM »
nice nice
When did you apply?

big safety for me, but nice to have my first acceptance!

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:46:37 AM »
Why Duquesne?  I looked, and looked, and looked, but I just couldn't.  I just couldn't dig it.

I applied there as a 'safety' because I plan on living and working in Pittsburgh after graduation.  Duquesne is highly regarded in the Pittsburgh area and they tend to take care of their own.  Most of the major firms in Pittsburgh recruit from Duquesne.  I'm not sure if the degree travels well.  If you don't plan on staying in the Pittsburgh region, it's probably not for you.

lauralynne

• '02 PSU Alum
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 02:42:39 PM »
Why Duquesne?  I looked, and looked, and looked, but I just couldn't.  I just couldn't dig it. 
www.law.duq.edu

It's 3rd tier.  Very nice reputation in the 'burgh.  Very nice staff.  The deans actually teach the class, and on a visit I met many of them.  Everyone was very nice, and it was at the beginning of finals!

My numbers/dates/etc are at www.lawschoolnumbers.com username xpsupiphi

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 03:52:10 PM »
I'm a 1L at Duq if anyone has any questions. I am pretty swamped with work as we just started classes back up so it may take me a few days to respond but I'll be happy to help.

lauralynne

• '02 PSU Alum
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 06:05:11 AM »
Hey, I appreciate the offer to help.  If you had to recommend a day to come to observe, what day would it be?  What classes?  Profs?

Joe Campion listed a bunch of profs, but from a student's perspective...

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 03:19:39 PM »
any day of the week except friday.

Go to any tort class ,or professor Murray's contract class. FYI Murray is one of the foremost contracts professors in the US.

lauralynne

• '02 PSU Alum
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2005, 11:12:14 AM »
I got a letter yesterday offering a full academic scholarship (renewable for 2L and 3L if w/in top 50% of class).  I was blown away.  That makes the school much more attractive! ;D