Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: getting off "the list"  (Read 6174 times)

legalmom

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
getting off "the list"
« on: April 07, 2003, 10:02:18 AM »
:'(New to the board. Anyone currently on any wait list. If so have you heard anything and from where??

Wait listed at first choice and very frustrated!!  :'(

spankee

• View Profile
Re: getting off "the list"
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 08:43:11 AM »
frustrated here too!  Wait listed at Widener.

Mature_EE

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 09:33:42 AM »
I'll join the frustrated group.  I only applied to one school since it was the only part-time program in my area (McGeorge).  Now I'm wait-listed there!  I don't hold a lot of hope for this year but you never know.

cutie

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 08:54:27 AM »
does anyone know anything about the northwestern waitlist?
do they just accept you off the list or do they reconsider your application?

Shepster

• I hate the law that's why I love law school!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 12:11:11 PM »
From what I hear wait list candidates are selected as space becomes available.  I applied late (April), did poorly on the LSATs (145/149), got denied from 3 schools, wait listed at 3 and accepted to one part time.  Thomas Jefferson just informed me that space is full for fall 03 and the wait list is closed.  Still waiting for Quinnipiac and Roger Williams but I'm not holding my breath  :-X.  FYI- I wrote a letter to all 3 and call once every other week (trying to make friends  :-*).

I'll never be late again  ::)

Rob

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 01:56:10 PM »
I am on wait list for South Western and Loyola. However, I have allready made my decision to go to Franklin Pierce and no longer interested in either of the schools. Thomas Jefferson send me a letter asking me if I 'd like to be considered for the Wait list. I humbly declined.

I am just happy that I get to go to LS

Nima

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2003, 07:23:56 PM »
im waitlisted at four schools - hoping to get off the list at southwestern. has anyone been removed off the waitlist yet at southwestern? any tips?

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 08:36:37 AM »
Hey Nima.  What section are you applying to at Southwestern (day/evening/pleas/scale)?  What other schools did you apply to?  I applied to Southwestern and Loyola for Fall '03 evening.  I got accepted to Southwestern, but I'm still waitlisted at Loyola.  Loyola says they're supposed to be "re-evaluating" the waitlist in a week or so.  Good luck to you.

lp
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

CH

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2003, 07:37:48 AM »
HI, I am writing just to get an opinion of the people that read this board.  I am currently waitlisted at my top choice.  My LSAT and GPA qualify me for this school, but I guess the increase of applications has put me on the wait list.  Both deans of admission have told me my chances for admissions are still good, but seeing as August is coming around I am getting a little nervous.  I have several federal judges who have given clerkships to this school numerous times that are going to call in for me to vouch for me.  One of them is just going to call the Dean of the law school directly.  Do you guys feel this will help me out?  I am very qualified for this school and there are a lot of reasons that I want to go there both academic and personal.  I have not used the connections I have yet because I felt that it was inappropriate, but at this point I am willing to do just about anything.  Please let me know what you think.  Thank you.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2003, 09:40:16 AM »
CH - please do not post the same thing multiple times.  One of the goals of this board is to keep things organized.

I think that, if those judges are willing to call to put in a word for you, you should encourage them to do so.  There's nothing wrong with talking to people and having them willfully express their true opinion about you.

The wait-list scenario is a little different than the main pool.  Too many people sent deposits and there wasn't room for you.  You're obviously qualified or you wouldn't have been waitlisted.  There's nothing wrong with encourage the school to give the next open spot.