Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UW and Lewis & Clark  (Read 4912 times)

LordofLight

Re: UW and Lewis & Clark
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2005, 03:20:09 PM »
I feel in the dark as well. My only wish is that they hurry the @#!* up. I don't want to wait until March for a rejection. It particularly sucks for us state residents..you'd think residency would be more of a factor, since UW is the only state law school in Washington.

Freaking hell.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :o

ant

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2005, 03:21:28 PM »
Since they do seem to be playing a numbers game, do you feel like you have any insight into what they would consider good numbers? Go beat up your cousin and tell him to find out.

Do you know anything about Seattle U? I have heard from some that in the Seattle job market it is actually viewed pretty highly.

Did your recently graduated cousin have a pretty good time of it in the job market graduating from UW?

LordofLight

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2005, 03:24:32 PM »
Seattle University is a good school, and getting better. But it's dang expensive and they've got a very tight grading curve that probably makes for a very competitive environment particularly for the first year.

Since they do seem to be playing a numbers game, do you feel like you have any insight into what they would consider good numbers? Go beat up your cousin and tell him to find out.

Do you know anything about Seattle U? I have heard from some that in the Seattle job market it is actually viewed pretty highly.

Did your recently graduated cousin have a pretty good time of it in the job market graduating from UW?

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2005, 03:37:06 PM »
with regard to UW...

reluctant to accept people with low gpas (low as being less than 3.5/3.4)

friend who was rejected with 171 told me that UW doesn't like to 'inbreed' (he was uber involved in prelaw society as undergrad at UW, met with law dean on couple occasions, spoke with a lot of advisors, etc- so this could be true, could not, i don't know)

i'll see if cousin has any more insight- oh, and he had a job offer even before graduating, as a patent lawyer, making 140k, paid off loans already, put down payment on house on mercer island...

with regard to Seattle U...

if you're in the top third of class, finding a job appears to be a managable task (other cousin goes there now, with her boyfriend- both say the curve is unforgiving, but no problem for them getting interviews since in top third of class)

nice building and facilities, just about downtown

ant

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2005, 03:39:11 PM »
I feel in the dark as well. My only wish is that they hurry the #@!* up. I don't want to wait until March for a rejection. It particularly sucks for us state residents..you'd think residency would be more of a factor, since UW is the only state law school in Washington.

Freaking hell.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? :o

It is unbelievable that they don't try and get acceptances out sooner. Their whole admissions system seems to be a little off. I'm hoping the Wash. residency makes a difference, but I don't get the sense that it does either.

ant

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2005, 03:44:24 PM »
with regard to UW...

reluctant to accept people with low gpas (low as being less than 3.5/3.4)

friend who was rejected with 171 told me that UW doesn't like to 'inbreed' (he was uber involved in prelaw society as undergrad at UW, met with law dean on couple occasions, spoke with a lot of advisors, etc- so this could be true, could not, i don't know)

i'll see if cousin has any more insight- oh, and he had a job offer even before graduating, as a patent lawyer, making 140k, paid off loans already, put down payment on house on mercer island...

with regard to Seattle U...

if you're in the top third of class, finding a job appears to be a managable task (other cousin goes there now, with her boyfriend- both say the curve is unforgiving, but no problem for them getting interviews since in top third of class)

nice building and facilities, just about downtown

That's sweet about your cousins' job in Seattle. I've been admitted to Cornell but am thinking I would definitely prefer UW because I would rather live/work in Seattle area and the difference in cost is astronomical.

Every cousin in your family is or is going to become a lawyer! The entire Seattle legal scene is going to be run by nika22 & associates. I'll come begging for a job in 3 years for sure!

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2005, 03:55:49 PM »
haha, well, 2 out of 3 cousins in the US that are lawyers at least

that would be pretty sweet though, nika22&associates...

congrats on cornell, ps (i applied there as an uber reach- but yeah, UW would take precendence over that, and just about any other school i applied to)

(i write about my cousins a lot, and at the risk of starting another sentance with 'my cousin' but....my cousin who got into UW also got into columbia and the boston schools, turned them down to go to UW, and now has paid off all debt while his colleagues at work who went to uchicago etc are in debt)

ant

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2005, 04:03:58 PM »
haha, well, 2 out of 3 cousins in the US that are lawyers at least

that would be pretty sweet though, nika22&associates...

congrats on cornell, ps (i applied there as an uber reach- but yeah, UW would take precendence over that, and just about any other school i applied to)

(i write about my cousins a lot, and at the rist of starting another sentance with 'my cousin' but....my cousin who got into UW also got into columbia and the boston schools, turned them down to go to UW, and now has paid off all debt while his colleagues at work who went to uchicago etc are in debt)

Your cousin is my new role model (apologies to Superman) (ps-from now on I will begin each post with 'your cousin' so you don't have to feel bad:).

Everyone talks about how many options you have coming out of a T14 school, but to me having a $100,000 chain around your neck really limits the options you have, you know?

Would you say your cousins situation of landing a sweet job was typical of UW grads or exceptional?

Since he is a patent lawyer, was his undergrad engineering or sciences or something?

Maybe we'll both be accepted at cornell and shot down at UW?

JackInTheBox

• Sr. Citizen
  • Eggnog and Pumpkin Pie Shakes Make Me In The Box
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2005, 08:17:24 PM »
Nika,

should I even ask what happens to the lower 2/3 of class at Seattle U?  I visited there Thursday, and was very impressed with both the facility and students.

Is UW the only "sure bet" school for Seattle?

DC Duck

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2005, 09:33:42 AM »
Looks like someone got into UW!!!!