Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UW and Lewis & Clark  (Read 5020 times)

DC Duck

UW and Lewis & Clark
« on: January 07, 2005, 02:32:20 PM »
Im heading out to the North West next week and am meeting with U.W. and Lewis & Clark.  Is there anything that anyone would like me to ask/look for in particular?

rogue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: UW and Lewis & Clark
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 06:38:17 PM »
I'm interested in both of those schools, especially UW. I'd also be interested to know how well L&C grads fair when they graduate.

nika22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 06:42:52 PM »
could you ask them to admit me? (UW)

thanks in advance

LordofLight

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 12:24:30 PM »
On UW: Do they really only start looking at applications on the 15th of January? Surely they must start at least a couple weeks earlier...and when will they start sending out admissions? And will they admit me? And will I go if admitted? (Yes to that last one).

DC Duck

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 10:32:11 AM »
UW and Lewis & Clark were both very impressive.  It was kinda funny.  while I was waiting to meet with the admissions supervisor at UW, there were to UW undergrad students waiting as well.  One of the them was talking to the other about the law school and started to say that one of her teachers told her a sure fire way to get admitted...then she looked over at me and whispered the rest so I couldn't hear...kinda funny.
Anyway, you cant beat the beauty of Lewis & Clark or the prestige and nice building of UW.
Some notes:
Lewis and Clark grades on a strict 2.85 curve!  Yikes!  That's even more strict than George Mason's 2.9.
I emailed UW today to find out how they grade.  Ill let you know.

MarkGrace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 01:50:30 PM »
Hey Duck,
Thanks for the info. Couple questions for you: Have you recieved a decision from L&C yet? I also applied there and I'm still waiting to hear. Did you notice any large difference in the cost of living between Seattle and Portland? I've looked at both cities and Seattle seems more expensive but I'd like to hear your reaction having visited both places. Thanks in advance!

DC Duck

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 02:03:34 PM »
From the look of it, there wasn't a huge difference it cost for Seattle and Portland.  It may be a little cheaper to live IN Portland as opposed to IN seattle, but if you live in any of the suburbs, it seems to be the same, or really close to it.

Lewis & Clark just started classes again today.  They may have started looking at applications today, but have not done so before now.
So, no, I haven't received a decision...but here's hoping!

LordofLight

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 02:07:42 PM »
Duck did you find out anything about the number of apps at either of those schools for this year?

Runner-up

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NShawcross
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
I'm always highly skeptical of these "sure-fire" ways of getting into this or that specific school.

In this day and age of intense competition, anyone can fall through the ice, no matter how "sure-fire" their route is.

DC Duck

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 02:22:02 PM »
I emailed UW about number of Apps but haven't heard back yet today.
I agree about a "sure fire way"...it was just funny that they didn't want me to know.