Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Northwestern ding  (Read 1894 times)

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Northwestern ding
« on: January 06, 2005, 10:35:57 PM »
No shocker here... although I figured the interview (which I nailed) might at least land me on the waitlist.

Oh well, such is life.   ;)
Attending: Wisconsin

ljl

• View Profile
Re: Northwestern ding
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:05:19 PM »
Would you mind posting your numbers?  I'm applying there and to the other Chicago schools...

Good luck with the others...my apps aren't even complete yet so you're ahead of the game.

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 02:12:05 AM »
Would you mind posting your numbers?  I'm applying there and to the other Chicago schools...

Good luck with the others...my apps aren't even complete yet so you're ahead of the game.

Thanks!  Here's the numbers.  Like I said, no big shocker.

LSAT: 162
LSDAS GPA: 3.57

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 09:52:56 AM »
Where/when did you interview? Did you have any WE? I interviewed there last week and am crapping my pants b/c not so stellar numbers...Thanks and good luck on the rest of your applications!

Your Mom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 09:55:10 AM »
I couldn't even get an interview!  They aren't granting anymore off campus interviews and I can't take the time off work to visit Chicago unless I actually get an admission offer.  Totally bummed me out.

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 10:36:40 AM »
Where/when did you interview? Did you have any WE? I interviewed there last week and am crapping my pants b/c not so stellar numbers...Thanks and good luck on the rest of your applications!

I had an off-campus interview at a law firm in Los Angeles over a month ago.  As for work experience?  I went to film school and have been out for a couple of years trying to make that work, but I've decided to move on for a number of reasons.  So while I've been working, it hasn't exactly been in that 9-5 in an office sort of way. 

Pretty polarizing, actually.  Schools seem to really dig it, or be completely turned off by it.

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 10:52:50 AM »

I had an off-campus interview at a law firm in Los Angeles over a month ago.  As for work experience?  I went to film school and have been out for a couple of years trying to make that work, but I've decided to move on for a number of reasons.  So while I've been working, it hasn't exactly been in that 9-5 in an office sort of way. 

Pretty polarizing, actually.  Schools seem to really dig it, or be completely turned off by it.

Oh no! Well I am sure my ding will be on its way soon too. You had better numbers than I have....Congrats on Madison btw..I am hoping for them too. Good luck!

AgentRHE

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 11:49:29 AM »
Oh no! Well I am sure my ding will be on its way soon too. You had better numbers than I have....Congrats on Madison btw..I am hoping for them too. Good luck!

Thanks!  Pretty jazzed about Madison, actually.  It was the first place I heard from, and well over a month ago.  It's kind of taken the edge off of the whole waiting process, that's for sure. 

Good luck to you too!

chicago108

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 06:54:59 PM »
Got the ding last night - no big surprise, 3.5, 162, 5 WE.

My only consolation is that I visited the school (I live about 4 blocks away) and wasn't that taken with it.  I have a friend who doesn't like it at all, the atmosphere is kind of party-hard, fraternity, etc.

Oh well! On to the next round of waiting...

Good luck everyone.    ;)

burp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 05:55:30 AM »
I posted in another thread, but I guess it's more relevant here. Rejected. Received the email last night...server problems didn't allow me to see the letter until now. 3.4/165, complete on 11/8.