Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Inspiration for Law School  (Read 2078 times)

Lovin1L

• View Profile
Re: Inspiration for Law School
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 12:59:27 PM »
Have no fear. If you love it, and I mean really love it, what you feel inside will get you through. Even when law school has gotten tough, that was all the motivation I needed. You will find it easy to tap into it when you need it.

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 01:06:12 PM »
Is it a Swingline? That movie (and my job being oddly similar) are inspiration as well.

Yep.  I have the Milton stapler.  Well, not the actual one from the movie, but yes, a red Swingline.  ;)
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

tahoetahoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 01:11:33 PM »
I think the notebook idea is great!  When I was in Teach for America, they made us do a similar thing.  We had to write ourselves a letter and sign our name over the seal.  They mailed it to us midyear to inspire us.  Honestly it was helpful.  When we're on our 12th hour of studying, it will be hard to remember why we went through it all.

I am trying to compile a binder w/ information to read and different articles I have printed for various techniques.
W Bush: I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to
answer questions. I can't answer your question."
In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the 
first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

Kerry 2004!!!!!!!!!

dta

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 01:51:23 PM »
I'm hoping my good buddy, who's also applying for LS in Fall 2005, and I both go to the same school. That way, we can support each other through LS. If we go to different schools, then i might to the notebook thing.   :)

DaBoo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 02:06:24 PM »
rock on. that's awesome.
 8)

Is it a Swingline? That movie (and my job being oddly similar) are inspiration as well.

Yep.  I have the Milton stapler.  Well, not the actual one from the movie, but yes, a red Swingline.  ;)
Sometimes we must interfere. When human [...] dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Whenever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must-at that moment-become the center of the universe."
- Wiesel

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 02:39:21 PM »
I'm hoping my good buddy, who's also applying for LS in Fall 2005, and I both go to the same school. That way, we can support each other through LS. If we go to different schools, then i might to the notebook thing.   :)

My best friend is going to be attending med school while I'm in law school.  We won't be anywhere near each other, but we've both vowed to be there for each other.  We've been best friends since kindergarten, so I think its only natural for us to take this next step as "together" as we can, even though we'll be cross-country from one another!  :)  Nothing can replace the moral support you get from a lifelong friend who's been there through everything!!
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 02:51:11 PM »
this is such a great idea, i love doing things like this, as corny as they may seem to some ppl  ;D

Ive been keeping a journal since highschool.... and my journals might be my most important tangible objects to me.  Sometimes, when im in a less than preferable mood, i'll close my eyes, pick a journal, open to a page, and re live that day.  I know, its corny, but its nice to go back in time sometimes.

Im hoping on those days where Im wondering why I ever wanted to go through the hell of law school, or Im missing my family that is 27 hours away, those journals will remind of how excited I am right now, and how fast time flys, and that no matter how miserable I am or how hard it seems, its gonna pass and become just another page in my journal of life.

**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 03:54:11 PM »
I know what you mean Melissa, it is corny but I do the same thing! Well not exactly the same...but I love keeping journals and mementos and am much more given to nostalgia than most people. Hopefully I will be able to do that too, read my journal and remember how excited I was, and that it is worth it even if it seems like hell.