Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LR sections  (Read 795 times)

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
LR sections
« on: April 28, 2004, 09:18:20 AM »
Do u people find, that after doing many of the Logical Reasoning questions you are able to narrow the choices down easier and you also begin to see the right answer easier? 
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

jgruber

Re: LR sections
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 09:52:13 AM »
Nah.

M2

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 10:54:06 AM »
I have definitely found that to be true...for instance I have learned how to identify a lot of the "traps" much more efficiently.
eg. for the mood questions, anything that is too extreme is usually wrong.
Also if a choice for a "which of the following uses a similar line of reasoning" I know that any questiion that uses similar language is probably wrong (i.e. question asks about cars and answer talks about cars).

Louder Than Bombs

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 10:59:15 AM »
I have definitely found that to be true...for instance I have learned how to identify a lot of the "traps" much more efficiently.
eg. for the mood questions, anything that is too extreme is usually wrong.
Also if a choice for a "which of the following uses a similar line of reasoning" I know that any questiion that uses similar language is probably wrong (i.e. question asks about cars and answer talks about cars).

I don't agree with your remarks about parallel reasoning questions...I wouldn't make the generalisation that any answer choice that uses similar language is wrong...I would just look for the correct answer choice by categorizing the conclusion of the original argument (i.e., is the conclusion a recommendation? A prediction?) and then looking for the answer choice that has the same type of conclusion.

Chris