Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Acceptances where you totally expected a ding  (Read 3154 times)

scc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Acceptances where you totally expected a ding
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2005, 02:43:33 PM »
Do itóbut do it classy.  Call and say, I just wanted to thank you for meeting with me; I was accepted to Northwestern, and I thought you might like to know.

This is too nice.  I would recommend that you wrap your NU acceptance letter around a brick and then throw it through his bedroom window at 2 a.m. 

What?!  No way!

It would definitely have to be a copy of the acceptance letter.

swagger

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Swagger008
    • View Profile
    • LSN for stats
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2005, 02:57:49 PM »
Do itóbut do it classy.  Call and say, I just wanted to thank you for meeting with me; I was accepted to Northwestern, and I thought you might like to know.

This is too nice.  I would recommend that you wrap your NU acceptance letter around a brick and then throw it through his bedroom window at 2 a.m. 

What?!  No way!

This is correct.  Dipped in urine.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2005, 03:06:54 PM »

What?!  No way!

This is correct.  Dipped in urine.

:D

how about if you throw a brick through the window, which creates an opening for a pigeon to fly in with the acceptance letter (copy) in its mouth.  the pigeon flies into the office, drops the letter on the interviewer's desk, takes a giant crap on both the desk (but not the letter) and the interviewer's head, and leaves the office through the broken window?
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

twarga

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2005, 03:46:51 PM »
You must not be from New Jersey, because if it was me, I'd have my two pals Vinnie and Vince from Hoboken personally deliver the brick but no letter (no need to leave an evidence trail, now is there?).   8)

scc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2005, 04:14:49 PM »

how about if you throw a brick through the window, which creates an opening for a pigeon to fly in with the acceptance letter (copy) in its mouth.  the pigeon flies into the office, drops the letter on the interviewer's desk, takes a giant crap on both the desk (but not the letter) and the interviewer's head, and leaves the office through the broken window?

This would be amazing.  I would actually pay money to see a pigeon crap on cue on this man's desk.  Not good money, but a couple bucks for sure.

:D

JRG83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2005, 04:48:28 PM »
unfortunately, i had already sent a nice (though concise) email to him before reading all your suggestions (if i had not, i definitely would have gone with the brick/pigeon option ;) ).  He wrote me back too, saying congrats and that i should call him if i ever need advice/info/etc.  yeah, right. 

ilsox7

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2005, 06:14:25 PM »
Although my numbers are fine for Northwestern (171, 3.77), I have no work experience (applying straight out of undergrad) and I had a very bad interview (alumnus-conducted).  I was pretty shocked when I got the acceptance email (although, needless to say, very very happy!).  I'm thinking of calling the interviewer (who told me I would not get in) and telling him the good news 

Not necessarily the case here, but one interview technique is to tell the prospective employee that they do not believe they should/will get the job and see how they react.  It's similar to the age old question: Why should we hire you?  It's more subtle, but he may have been seeing just how bad you wanted NU.

I wasn't in the interview, but just offering another possible line of thinking.  Anyways, I'd keep in touch.  This is your first real alumni connection.  Start networking now.  Maybe even ask him why he thought you shouldn't be admitted.  If he has real criticism, it could be constructive.

Last of all...CONGRATS.  The city of Chicago is the best!

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2005, 07:34:38 PM »
I was accepted to Penn shortly before Christmas and I was very surprised!

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2005, 03:31:52 AM »
Although my numbers are fine for Northwestern (171, 3.77), I have no work experience (applying straight out of undergrad) and I had a very bad interview (alumnus-conducted).  I was pretty shocked when I got the acceptance email (although, needless to say, very very happy!).  I'm thinking of calling the interviewer (who told me I would not get in) and telling him the good news 

Not necessarily the case here, but one interview technique is to tell the prospective employee that they do not believe they should/will get the job and see how they react.  It's similar to the age old question: Why should we hire you?  It's more subtle, but he may have been seeing just how bad you wanted NU.

I wasn't in the interview, but just offering another possible line of thinking.  Anyways, I'd keep in touch.  This is your first real alumni connection.  Start networking now.  Maybe even ask him why he thought you shouldn't be admitted.  If he has real criticism, it could be constructive.

Last of all...CONGRATS.  The city of Chicago is the best!

also if he has real criticism, you still have the pigeon/brick trick up your sleeve ;)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?