Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Ronald Reagan School of Law  (Read 3673 times)

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ronald Reagan School of Law
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 01:35:01 PM »
Although they are talking about it - i kinda doubt it will happen.  Besides the massage therapy schools and devry, no school has opened in denver and been successful in years...

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 07:00:26 PM »
I can't understand the Regan hate.  Bush hate I can understand but Regan could only inspire dislike.

Findedeux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
Reagan is supposed to be known personally as a very nice guy, one of the better presidents. His wife was supposed to be the real female dog. Politically, though, people hate Reagan for at least two obvious reasons: 1)He was a horrible economist who's tax cuts and other economic policies wrecked havoc. Here is an excerpt from parida.com :

"Ronald Reagan left us a national debt of about $3.5 trillion or $3,500 billion.
The national debt when Ronald Reagan took office was about $1 trillion. That included in it all the debt run up for the Revolutionary war, the Spanish-American war, the Civil war, World War I, World War II, the Korean war, the Vietnam war and all the Social wars of the 1930's and subsequent years. In other words it took the United States from 1776 until 1980 or more than 200 years to accumulate a national debt of $1 trillion. It took Reaganomics only 8 years to increase the national debt from $1 trillion to about $3.5 trillion! Given the spending habits established by the legacy of Ronald Reagan the national debt is now about $5.5 trillion!
The interest cost on the national debt now run about $250 million a year! When RR took office they were about $53 million a year.
What was the economic and financial legacy left by Ronald Reagan?
The economic and financial legacy left by Ronald Reagan is an enormous debt which weighs on us and our children and their children for generations to come."

#2 has to do with the fact that Reagan was fully aware and involved in the funding of the Contrast in Nicaragua. His actions in that country were illegal and he was never made accountable for those actions.

Good man but a bad president.

nathanielmark

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2004, 08:34:20 PM »
He also once said (Reagan) "those who live in sin, must also die in sin" in reference to homosexuals.  or wait, maybe that was just a movie... ;D  but still, that movie was based on reality, so it probably isnt far off.

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2004, 09:22:32 PM »
Economic thought on the debt issue does not paint the bleak picture you paint.

Debt at that time was used to fight the biggest yet least bloody war this country has ever fought. The Cold War.  Don't let revisionists tell you we were not in any danger from Communism.  I think it was worth it.

Also tax revenues increased dramatically despite tax cuts.  So tax cuts are not to blame.

Delta Zeta Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 10:07:49 PM »
Did he even go to law school?  I thought he was just an actor turned politician.  I could be wrong.

jrmadtown

• 3.31/164
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 11:47:13 PM »
And they said not all law students are liberal... ::)
Go Reagan!
Go Bush!  (8

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2004, 02:02:19 AM »
Ronald Reagan is easily the best President since FDR.  It really is not even close.  Many would say he is the best in the last century.

Findedeux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2004, 04:55:45 AM »
HA HA HA!!! (I'm supposed to laugh, right?)

Wisdom

• Assholes are like trees and I live in a forest.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 07:39:10 AM »
"Bed Time for Bonzo" = Ronald Reagan's legacy.;D

He attended Eureka College and attained the extraordinary positions of:  Military Radio Announcer, Actor, and President.

Now that I read this, Bush II's presidency makes sense.  Idiots reign.:o