Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: getting off the Wash U wait list  (Read 1796 times)

junbug77m

• 160/3.1 BS in BME/EE double major, Master's in BME
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - junbug77m
    • View Profile
    • Email
getting off the Wash U wait list
« on: April 27, 2004, 10:44:15 PM »
Does anyone know how many people are expected to get off the wait list at Wash U this year?

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: getting off the Wash U wait list
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 01:40:39 AM »
Of course all this is heresay, but what I have read from a number of different sources is that historically, WashU waitlists 200 students, and they end up offering 50 of them admission.

Now since WashU jumped in the rankings this year, it is entirely likely that their yield will be higher than anticipated, and that they wont even need to hit the waitlist this year... Then again, WashU has had jumps in ranking in the past... so who knows...

My personal hope is that 75% of the Waitlist drops out and I get a call in June... but Im not holding my breath.

junbug77m

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 02:00:28 AM »
Of course all this is heresay, but what I have read from a number of different sources is that historically, WashU waitlists 200 students, and they end up offering 50 of them admission.

Was this information from www.deloggio.com?  if so, the information is probably outdated.  I think they accept a little over 20 people in recent yrs.  But, who knows what will happen?  I really hope I can get in soon after their first deposit deadline, but the chances are slim.

http://www.deloggio.com/homepage/faq/hearing/waitlist.htm

junbug77m

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 04:11:47 PM »
This is just my gut feeling, but I get the feeling that Wash U won't accept any from the wait list after the first round (May 1st deposit).  I think Wash U will get enough first deposits for one reason.  Many people haven't heard yet from all the schools they applied to(I personally have 6 more schools to hear from although I'm not expecting any good news).  This means many people who are accepted to Wash U are undecided at this point, and will most likely send their deposits in for the May 1st deadline just to have options open.  What do you guys think?