Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: is the february test harder than the other disclosed tests?  (Read 543 times)

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
is the february test harder than the other disclosed tests?
« on: January 05, 2005, 12:38:21 PM »
I registered for the february test and I'm wondering if it's harder than the other 3 tests or if law services will throw more curveballs at us......otherwise why wouldn't they disclose this test?

thanks.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: is the february test harder than the other disclosed tests?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 12:44:01 PM »
feb tests have 136 questions(2 experimental sections), 2 writing samples, and a maximum possible score of only 165.  also, lsac only allows senile old ladies suffering from glaucoma to proctor feb tests, and they must use a sundial as the official timing device. 

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 12:44:55 PM »
wow, that's very harsh.

jayhawk

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 01:35:03 PM »
I registered for the february test and I'm wondering if it's harder than the other 3 tests or if law services will throw more curveballs at us......otherwise why wouldn't they disclose this test?

thanks.

i think the test is undisclosed so that they are able to reuse the sections, if necessary.  here's an example: in june, during the LSAT here in lawrence, kansas, the electricity went out in the middle of the test.  they had to give a makeup exam the next week (in addition to offering the testers the opportunity to retest in october).  well, in that situation they can't just write an entire new test, and they can't reuse a disclosed test.  i think that is where undisclosed tests come in.  i'm sure that each lsat administration has at least one situation similar to this one, in which a makeup test is needed.

ilsox7

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 03:29:03 PM »
Wouldn't that give Feb. tests takers who retake a possible distinct advantage though?  I do agree it is odd that the test isn't disclosed.  Crazy LSAC.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 04:06:31 PM »

thanks.

i think the test is undisclosed so that they are able to reuse the sections, if necessary.  here's an example: in june, during the LSAT here in lawrence, kansas, the electricity went out in the middle of the test.  they had to give a makeup exam the next week (in addition to offering the testers the opportunity to retest in october).  well, in that situation they can't just write an entire new test, and they can't reuse a disclosed test.  i think that is where undisclosed tests come in.  i'm sure that each lsat administration has at least one situation similar to this one, in which a makeup test is needed.

I see.

Thanks jayhawkgirl!

:-*

sky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 04:24:51 PM »
so...did we decide if historically it is more difficult? :)

Geddon187

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 04:37:24 PM »
They are all equally difficult