Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WAKE WAIT LIST  (Read 6492 times)

odes

• View Profile
    • Email
WAKE WAIT LIST
« on: April 27, 2004, 10:37:12 PM »
If anyone received any notification after their first notification of "waitlist" from Wake please post. I hear they have about 100 people on the waitlist. They said they were going to make decisions on their list starting April 22nd.

flaukamite

• View Profile
Re: WAKE WAIT LIST
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 01:04:34 PM »
Has everyone given up?  What did you decide to do?  If you didn't give up, how long will you wait?

rfg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 12:19:26 PM »
It just seems to be a filtering process - as illustrated by the guy who's wait listed at Vandy and holding a deposit at WFU. Dammit what a pain in the ass. I hope some seats start opening up after the second deposit deadline.

I haven't heard of anyone accepted off the list yet.

lifeofanarchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 04:20:44 PM »
I heard that Wake admitted too many kids last year and that they are trying to tighten up this year with admissions. As I understand it, they have recieved alot of 2nd round deposits and might not be going to their wait list this year.

rfg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 04:23:28 PM »
The admissions office told you this?

lifeofanarchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 04:30:28 PM »
No, my college roomate (who attends Wake Law now) told me this. He works in the Admissions office. 

rfg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 04:33:41 PM »
Damn. Thanks for the info. Maybe some seats will open up later on this summer.

rfg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 05:06:41 PM »
I've been told 100 on the preferred wait list but I find that hard to imagine. Earlier in this thread, someone (southerndeac) said that it was down to 45 back in the beginning of May -- so I don't know what the actual number is.

rfg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 11:57:47 AM »
Decisions are to be made next week, when the Admissions Committee starts reviewing files again. That's what I was told from the Admissions Office. She also said that since the second deposit deadline was based on post-mark, they still didn't know how many offers would be made.

hal2000

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 03:50:23 PM »
I emailed them last Thursday and received a reply today. Basically what was said was that the admissions committee will begin meeting tomorrow (6/22) to decide how many people to take off the waitlist and who they will
be. Also that the process could take some time so they were not sure how long it would be before they could notify anyone of a status change.