Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Florida Intl Univ  (Read 1255 times)

tennisgirl

• View Profile
Re: Florida Intl Univ
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 05:47:19 PM »
FIU is similar to Ave Maria in that both are only provincially ABA accredidated, yet boast solid LSAT/GPA numbers. FIU's average LSAT is somewhere around 153, with the 25%-75% around 151-156....numbers that put it ahead of some ABA schools like St Thomas, Nova and Barry in Florida.

VinnyMyCousin

• Sr. Citizen
  • Say you'll do the job.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 05:53:23 PM »
FIU is similar to Ave Maria in that both are only provincially ABA accredidated, yet boast solid LSAT/GPA numbers. FIU's average LSAT is somewhere around 153, with the 25%-75% around 151-156....numbers that put it ahead of some ABA schools like St Thomas, Nova and Barry in Florida.

Gotcha. I def. didn't know Barry was ABA as well. Thanks for the info!

GoingtoLS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2005, 08:12:49 PM »
Barry has provisional accredidation. They've had a really hard time getting fully accredited. The school also had its provisional accredidation pulled once. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about Barry. St. Thomas is accredited.

tennisgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 02:25:27 AM »
Wow, its one thing going to a school that is still gaining full ABA approval, but another thing going to one that has struggled that much....

ndbisme

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 02:27:36 AM »
Ha, funny thing.  I got a book written by my great grandfather through an interlibrary loan.  FIU is about 1 out of 5 universities that carry the book.  Interesting thing because it was published in Argentina a couple of decades ago.

twysted

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 11:57:47 AM »
One thing to keep in mind though is that since they're only 2 years old, you have virtually no alum network to speak of. I'm also thinking you're limited to the state, maybe that part of the state since my reaction when I got their info was..."FIU has a law school?? Really?"