Law School Discussion

in @ yale

'lit

• View Profile
Re: in @ yale
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2005, 11:34:03 AM »
New Haven is a great city! I loved living there for four years, and miss certain parts of it (particularly the indian food, the pizza, and the bagels, three things that SUCK in San Francisco--although there's good indian food elsewhere in the bay area).

awesome-- throw in sushi and i'm a happy girl?

am hoping to get out to visit very soon, which will probably just cement how i feel and i'll go ahead and send my deposit in feb   :P  i'll take any tips about what to see and do!

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2005, 05:52:33 PM »
New Haven has decent sushi, I simply don't miss it because it's one of the foods San Francisco does quite well (actually, the only foods for which SF stinks are Indian food, pizza, and bagels). In terms of things to see and do, I'd go out to grad student ghetto and get a feel for where you'll most likely want to live. It's basically between whitney and state street, past the sciences part of campus. Also check out Wooster Square and the area just past Davenport and Pierson ... many undergrads live up there (that's where I lived my senior year). If you walk along whitney, you'll find that New Haven is actually quite pretty in parts, especially in and near grad student ghetto. For bars, I always liked the Anchor (on college between chapel and crown) and Rudy's (on elm between park and howe). Both are a bit divy, but they're classics. visit the yale art gallery, one of the largest college art museums in the world. it rules. if you want a nice meal, go to some place over on wooster square (i always like consiglio's) or check out one of the places on chapel (roomba is really, really good.)

Tea

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2005, 08:50:03 AM »
Congrats, Lexy!

I read your 250 and the discussion it engendered. :D I did a risky/breezy POS a few years ago and got the T14 acceptance I wanted (albeit not Yale), with decent but not mind-blowing numbers. The secret is probably out now -- having a little fun makes you stand out in a crowd.

Enjoy -- you deserve it!

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2005, 11:32:18 AM »
Now that you are in at Yale:

Are you planning on going BIGLAW, public interest, or academia?  Or other? 

i don't know, but i have until september to do some serious soul-searching  :D 

& tea, thank you  :-*

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2005, 12:11:47 PM »
Also, Lexy, I think it rocks that you got into Yale. You've been amazingly helpful to people on this board, and you clearly are the sort of person who deserves to be admitted to any law school. My biggest problem with XOXO is the fools on that board who seem to live their lives with a chip on their shoulder convinced that other people are getting what's rightfully theirs. How stupid and unproductive!

Congrats!

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2005, 12:40:39 PM »
thank you! you're doing great yourself, clearly  ;) i got a lot of help here and i'm glad others can too.