Law School Discussion

in @ yale

Re: in @ yale
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2005, 03:22:28 AM »
Wow, Yale!  Congrats and good luck next year.  But I hear it gets cold in New Haven.  My recommendation = layering. 

scc

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2005, 09:23:59 AM »
EKT represent!   ;)

HURRAY!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2005, 10:12:09 AM »
"that's VERY sweet, though i highly doubt it."

Lexy, that is a direct quote from a message you sent to me referring to my comment, that I would not see you at GULC because you were clearly Yale-bound.

Told you so!  :P

Congratulations. It's always gratifying to see good things happening to deserving people! Can I read your essay? I am just curious since everyone on this board speaks so highly of it.

And New Haven is not so bad... my boyfriend went to Yale undergrad, and I have gone back with him a few times. The campus itself is really quite charming in that prototypical New England-y sort of way  ;D

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2005, 10:20:23 AM »
i haven't been to new haven, nor have i spent much time in very cold places, but all i have to say about comments re the ghettoness or freezingness of yale: who cares?  it's yale.  (i'm sure you all agree with this; i just had to say it too.)

i LOVE thinking back to stuff we've said about yale in the past.  mrzeeebra's is awesome.  i reminded lexy last night via IM of what she said after getting her LSAT score, when she was walking around her firm thinking about all the amazing schools that all the attorneys there attended, and thinking that she wasn't going to be joining their ranks.  i'm glad you were wrong, lex.

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2005, 10:34:23 AM »
"that's VERY sweet, though i highly doubt it."

Lexy, that is a direct quote from a message you sent to me referring to my comment, that I would not see you at GULC because you were clearly Yale-bound.

Told you so!  :P

Congratulations. It's always gratifying to see good things happening to deserving people! Can I read your essay? I am just curious since everyone on this board speaks so highly of it.

And New Haven is not so bad... my boyfriend went to Yale undergrad, and I have gone back with him a few times. The campus itself is really quite charming in that prototypical New England-y sort of way  ;D

ahh, you're so sweet! i'm not scared of new haven's cold, as it probably isn't worse than hanover's, although the urban stuff will take a little adjustment after the bubbles in which i've been living. (my bf: "when i was at yale i saw a guy get stabbed! and die!")

it's funny that you think people liked my essay, b/c i posted on xoxo and got ripped apart. it was pretty funny actually. i'm happy to send any of them (250, ps, etc)-- do you still have my email addy?

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2005, 10:37:01 AM »
i wouldn't mind seeing your answers for the questions.  i read how you said you did, and it sounds better than i did it (i.e., i didn't include job descriptions).  i wonder if i sent my resume itself?

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2005, 10:47:08 AM »
Now that you are in at Yale:

Are you planning on going BIGLAW, public interest, or academia?  Or other? 

'lit

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »
EKT represent!   ;)

i made my bf's little brother chug his xxl orange juice at the buffet in vegas by yelling DRINKLIKEATHETA, DRINKLIKEATHETA, DRINKLIKEATHETA DRINK!

__

• Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2005, 11:18:59 AM »
I'd watch people get stabbed and die to go to Yale.  well maybe not... who am I kidding, sure I would.

New Haven's not that bad lex (grew up 20 miles away)
Pepe's Pizza, I'm tellin ya.  SOOO good.

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2005, 11:25:47 AM »
New Haven is a great city! I loved living there for four years, and miss certain parts of it (particularly the indian food, the pizza, and the bagels, three things that SUCK in San Francisco--although there's good indian food elsewhere in the bay area).