Law School Discussion

Boalt - Gender Discrimination?

rwhitman

Re: Boalt - Gender Discrimination?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2005, 11:35:50 AM »

women typically have higher gpa's, men typically have higher lsat's. Since boalt is a gpa whore it makes sense they would have more chicks.

dabbycool

• 169/3.61
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2005, 10:25:44 AM »
I spoke with a Boalt admissions officer, Eric Abrams, and he claimed that women tend to have higher GPAs than LSATs, and men tend to regurgitate their resumes in their personal statements, whereas women are less likely to do so.

DOWNY

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 01:52:05 AM »
Cooley discriminates against smart people. Look at the stat:

Smart:Retard

0:800+

HTH

DOWNY

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 01:53:22 AM »
I spoke with a Boalt admissions officer, Eric Abrams, and he claimed that women tend to have higher GPAs than LSATs, and men tend to regurgitate their resumes in their personal statements, whereas women are less likely to do so.

If that was true other similarly-ranked schools would (likely) show similar admissions stats (yes I understand the distinction bewteen admission and matriculation).

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 04:35:25 AM »
for someone who supposedly already in law school, what you figure you doing here?  helping the rest of us?  such joke.

p.s.  cooley thing way overdone.

dabbycool

• 169/3.61
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2005, 12:18:05 PM »

If that was true other similarly-ranked schools would (likely) show similar admissions stats (yes I understand the distinction bewteen admission and matriculation).

That is what he claimed, whether it's true or not I don't know.

The claim is perhaps meant to perpetuate the idea that Boalt places more emphasis on higher GPA and well-written personal statements, that high LSAT-only or high LSAT/GPA combos without a great PS will not cut it at Boalt, unlike other top-ranked schools. And yes, this applies to admissions stats, and doesn't necessary account for matriculation stats, which I believe were the starting point of this conversation. 

DOWNY

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2005, 02:35:48 PM »
for someone who supposedly already in law school, what you figure you doing here?  helping the rest of us?  such joke.

p.s.  cooley thing way overdone.

Cooley jokes will never get old HTH