Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt - Gender Discrimination?  (Read 1266 times)

TLFKARG

Re: Boalt - Gender Discrimination?
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 12:29:27 PM »
Wow, apparently infoolio lacks the intellectual capacity to discuss the possible causes of the statistics he cites.  You know, relying solely on information compiled by someone else doesn't make an impressive, or coherent in this case, argument on your part.

Infoolio

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 12:33:38 PM »
I find it ironic you attack my character rather when I'm simply posting facts.

TLFKARG

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 12:34:25 PM »
You also make a preposterous claim without backing it up.

Infoolio

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 12:36:14 PM »

Actually I make no claim. All of my original post is in the form of a question not a statement of fact.

TLFKARG

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 01:11:10 PM »

Actually I make no claim. All of my original post is in the form of a question not a statement of fact.
Your question makes your intent clear?  If you were objectively wondering what the cause of the difference was, you would ask that question, instead of speculating.

bhvexille

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 01:17:36 PM »
RuskieGirl you seem to be the only one speculating...

He didn't say what caused the over-representation of women at boalt.. he just noted that a statistical anomoly existed, and asked if anyone agreed that it was substantial.

The fact that you automatically jump to the conclusion that he must think it's because Boalt is sexist suggests that you in some way feel guilty (in as much that you have developed an attachment to your school)

Even ask Dr. Phill :P

Infoolio

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 01:20:34 PM »

Your question makes your intent clear?  If you were objectively wondering what the cause of the difference was, you would ask that question, instead of speculating.

Actually if I was being subjective I would have titled the post differently........like "UCB RAMPANT DISCRIMINATION". As it is I believe the post to be rather bland and unattacking. As I mentioned, the numbers are disparate; and you for some reason took that to indicate an assault of some sort against the school itself, which it is not.

I threw it out there because it's the widest gap of any school I've seen and I was curious to hear explanations from other forum users.

NorthwoodV

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
(edit)

bhvexille

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 01:28:50 PM »
Not to mention that half the men accepted are gay.

There are very few self-respecting straight males who would attend law school there.

"Screw boalt, damn hippies n fags!  I'm going to Davis like a real man, where I can be around more straight men, in an environment with a lower proportion of women to men!"

For some reason that seems counter-intuitive, but I guess I'll have to take your word for it.