Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Percentage of avatars of the actual person on LSD (and everything else)  (Read 11078 times)

ilsox7

Re: Percentage of LSD avatars of the actual person
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2005, 02:24:16 PM »
Oh god.  That's horrible - I would have tipped my drink into his lap.  And then run out of the bar because he probably would have gotten angry.

Ahh, the choice experiences I miss out on from never having had a drink or gone to a bar.

Wow.  I've lived in a bar at times.  Well, not really, but...I'll just shut up now.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2005, 02:36:14 PM »
Hmmm...bars...interesting topic.  Hijack alert.

I love the bars/pubs here.  It's just a place to hang out at after school or while watching football - and they don't look at you funny if you order a diet coke.  Or a girly drink.  Of course I am a girl, so that makes a difference.

Sordomudo, you've never gone to a bar?  If so, I don't think you're missing out :)  Although a glass of wine in the afternoon when it's 70 degrees outside and the restaurant's windows are open...wow.  Gosh I do take after my mother.
HLS

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2005, 02:36:34 PM »
Oh and sox, glad you got your pic up! :)
HLS

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2005, 02:38:17 PM »

I love the bars/pubs here.  It's just a place to hang out at after school or while watching football - and they don't look at you funny if you order a diet coke.  Or a girly drink.  Of course I am a girl, so that makes a difference.

but don't they close early?

Sordomudo, you've never gone to a bar?  If so, I don't think you're missing out :)  Although a glass of wine in the afternoon when it's 70 degrees outside and the restaurant's windows are open...wow.  Gosh I do take after my mother.

that sounds nice.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

ilsox7

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2005, 02:39:08 PM »
Oh and sox, glad you got your pic up! :)

Haha, yea.  One of these days I'll get one that is actually recent.  But that pic reminds me of Brussels, and I am wishing I were there these days! 

I forgot about my long lost website that had a handful of the 26 rolls of film I took when I studied abroad, so I was reminiscing last night.

ilsox7

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2005, 02:40:22 PM »
Pubs in Europe are so nice.  When I was living in Maastricht, I'd often sit in my regular pub with a handful of Dutch people who didn't speak English.  We'd drink some Grimbergen and watch football (soccer).  Good times.  Good times.

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2005, 02:40:37 PM »

I hijacked my own thread; this may be the first time a thread of mine has been long enough to hijack.

I went to a sports bar in the afternoon to watch a basketball game and have pizza if that counts.  No alchy for me (ever) though.  I'm told it's a good place to meet people (or maybe the default that people fall back on when they have no other options), but I a) doubt I'd meet people to be interested in at a bar since I don't drink and b) have no game to pick up on someone out of nowhere like that.  I need some serious time for the girl to get over my complete nonBradPittness.

ilsox7

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2005, 02:42:15 PM »
I don't think I'd ever actually pick up a girl in a bar.  I go for the enjoyment of time with friends and some drinking.  Nothing beat Tuesday night's at IU in the bar with friends watching IU basketball. 

There days IU basketball is just a big reason to get drunk cuz we suck so much.

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2005, 02:43:58 PM »
It does sound nice, doesn't it? Wish it were the afternoon here.  There's this place in Cambridge where you can sit on a stool by the window (which has a box of flowers on it) and the sun streams in and it's so nice.  I went there when I turned 21 all by myself to do just that and it was perfect :)

I've never been to Brussels, although maybe one day.  Funny - I don't take enough pictures, but I listen to new CDs whenever I travel.  So that whenever I listen to that CD, it reminds me of the place I visited.  I guess everyone has their habits (some people collect matchbooks?).  

Edit: That doesn't count, I don't think, so you're safe :) Bars are pretty awful places to meet people - the internet is becoming the new "bar scene."  And don't be so self-depricating!  :)
HLS

ilsox7

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2005, 02:46:09 PM »
The whole music thing is sooo right.  Last night I put on Counting Crows' cover of Friend of the Devil and all I could think of was driving around the Alps in Locarno, CH knowing that I was leaving thr country and work within a week.