Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My story  (Read 2059 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Re: My story
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »
I didn't. I was going to ask her about sitting in on a class at the end of the interview, but I didn't think of it at the time. I guess my nerves took over!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 12:58:52 PM »
If you contact Admissions you can schedule to view any class on their list.  I think that you should go to see what it is like.  It was interesting.  You can also do the same at New York Law School.  There is a number of classes that both schools allow people to visit. Also if you go to Pace's web site they list the dates and times for the classes to view. 

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 01:13:05 PM »
Thanks for the tip!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 03:05:29 AM »
I took the LSAT in December 2003 and received a 147. I had spent a year preparing for the LSAT and even with preparations I was not getting over 150 mark.  I have a 3.5 GPA and I applied to Fordham, Pace, New York Law and Brooklyn.  I was already rejected at Fordham (no surprise).  What are my chances at this point with getting into the rest?

Also at this point I have been working as a Paralegal for the past 10 years with 2 small children at home.  My biggest concern is that if I go to NY law or Pace I may make less money coming out of law school than I currently make now.

What are your thoughts.

Why not apply to St Johns and Cardozo?

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2005, 12:38:17 PM »
St. John's is too far of a commute for me.  It is a really good school.  Cardozo does not have a part time evening program. 

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 02:31:42 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I have a wife and two children and I am living cheap outside of the city.  With my LSAT and GPA Cardoza and St. John's would be a reach.  Pace and New York Law may only be the schools that I would have a chance.

DOWNY

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2005, 01:26:11 AM »
St. John's is too far of a commute for me.  It is a really good school.  Cardozo does not have a part time evening program. 

Why not find a cheap place to rent?  Then, you can ditch the car and walk to school.  There's always a way, and sometimes the second way is the best.

Ditch the wife and kids and live it up, bling bling.

twarga

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2005, 09:46:45 AM »
Since I'm about 1 1/2 hours from the nearest law school, I'm going to get an apartment or dorm near the school so I won't have to haul it home every night.  That's the plan, now let's see if it works.

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2005, 08:56:57 PM »
Since I'm about 1 1/2 hours from the nearest law school, I'm going to get an apartment or dorm near the school so I won't have to haul it home every night.  That's the plan, now let's see if it works.

Sounds like a good plan.  Commuting is one more stress that you would not need.  Good luck.

twarga

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2005, 09:05:11 PM »
The plan (which may change based on class schedule) is Mon-Thurs at school, Thurs p.m.-Sunday at home (with maybe a ditched day or two in between  ;) ).