Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: possibly a dumb question: are 3rd tier schools easier than 1st?  (Read 2406 times)

DOWNY

Re: possibly a dumb question: are 3rd tier schools easier than 1st?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 12:00:37 AM »
hey downy (or any other 1Ls), did you use the D&K casebook in property? if so, what did you do?

I actually haven't had property yet- I have it this semester.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 07:01:30 AM »
I posted yesterday about my debate between a 3rd tier and 1st tier school. Now I'm wondering, is it easier to do well at a 3rd tier school? how much easier? I would assume that it would be, though I don't know by how much....

It is unlikely that either will be easy, but if you go to a T1 at least you won't attend a third tier toilet.

you have like, what, three jokes total? (none of which are even remotely funny.)

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 01:09:17 PM »
im a 1L at albany and we weren't required to do daily briefs that soemone suggested above. We only had the final that we were graded on. Yea - we used the duk. book for property also.

It is pretty much the same at all schools in regard to difficulty. Just because it is a tier 3 doesn't make it easier. There are many people in my class who got into T-14 schools, but gave declined to go there because of scholarships received.

Another side note - a friend of mine who got a 169/3.9 (we took the same property and civil procedure class) did worse than i did this semester. I had a 3.4/151.

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 01:54:05 PM »
i'm calling bullsh!t. no one with a 3.9/169 goes to albany. according to the lsac, no one even applied to albany with those numbers last year. of those with > 3.75, none had an LSAT above 164. and of those with an LSAT higher than a 165, only five applicants even had a gpa above 3.25.

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2005, 02:02:04 PM »
ur a major dork that u go and check the LSAC book. oh and our stats aren't in that book yet. Its for the 2006 class. dipshit.

oh and another thing, my point wasn't centered on her stats. It was that the LSAT really is not a great indicator of law school performance. You see you stupid F*ck, law school requires you to read something, and synthesize something from it that is not stated in big capital letters, in flashing lights.

go jump off a cliff.

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2005, 02:08:40 PM »
don't blame your inferiority complex on me. i know the lsac data is one year old, but no one here believes that someone with a 3.9/169 would enroll at a crap-@ss ttt, when those numbers would guarantee a full scholarship at any T2 in NY that gives them (Cardozo and St. Johns, without a doubt). and given that last year's data showed no one even *applying* to the school in the ballpark of that score combo, no one's going to believe that suddenly they're enrolling people who would probably get some money at NYU.

Bubbazzz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2005, 02:10:39 PM »
you see dumbass, u are missing my point. maybe it was a 164, maybe it was a 168, i dont really remember. damn kid, ur a loser.

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2005, 02:18:41 PM »
i'm the loser because i call out obvious bull when i see it? and i'm a loser because *you* have to backtrack from your original, obviously false statement?

and by the way, i'm not a kid, but that's neither here nor there. i am, however, clearly smarter, better educated, and more qualified to be in law school than you. which is why i'll get back to doing my top tier work about now, and leave you to your rancid ttt, prestige envying ways.

operatke

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 01:22:09 PM »
I posted yesterday about my debate between a 3rd tier and 1st tier school. Now I'm wondering, is it easier to do well at a 3rd tier school? how much easier? I would assume that it would be, though I don't know by how much....

It is unlikely that either will be easy, but if you go to a T1 at least you won't attend a third tier toilet.

Downy, how does it feel to have a little puppy dog like Julie following you around nipping at your heels every post you make?  Must go very far in legitimizing your greatness...

DOWNY

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 01:25:40 PM »
Downy, how does it feel to have a little puppy dog like Julie following you around nipping at your heels every post you make?  Must go very far in legitimizing your greatness...

It really does. The root of DOWNY's greatness stems from the inability of other people to ignore him. If people like Julie didn't give me so much attention I would've probably deleted my account months ago. But, this will never happen, as there are scores of "DOWNY enemies" who get off on following me everywhere and obsessing about me constantly. One dumbfucker at Wayne State Med School even tried stalking me and was revealed on nontradlaw. There have been dozens of people like this guy. I honestly don't understand it. Sure, I post some ridiculous stuff at times, but I really can't figure out why these people are so infatuated with me all the time. I think this is the most persuasive evidence that I am, in fact, god.

I am DOWNY, and I am Great.