Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Applying  (Read 1063 times)

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Applying
« on: April 27, 2004, 03:53:39 PM »
Does it matter which time you apply for Law School?  I mean does applying early give you the best chance of getting into a desired college if your LSAT and GPA are where they need to be? :P
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Applying
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 04:08:34 PM »
ive always heard earlier the better.  im planning on getting applications in as soon as they are ready...
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 06:49:57 PM »
Yes, i plan on having my app in the mail the day before they begin taking them.  for GMU that is October 1. it certainly couldnt hurt your cause.

M2

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 07:58:53 PM »
I also plan to do the same thing. I figure that if they have already seen a lot of strong apps mine has more of a chance of getting rejected than if its one of the first 100 or so

NYBound05

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 09:05:18 PM »
I am planning on applying as soon as they begin accepting applications, but I have also heard rumors that this may not be the best strategy.  What I have heard is that in the first round of accepting applications, law schools are only accepting those based upon "Early Acceptance" and quickly discard those applications that they do not consider to be top priority.  In other words, the applications that may be satisfactory for admission but fail to be considered immaculate are quickly dismissed.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I personally feel that there are way more pros (such as those already mentioned in previous posts) if you apply extremely early, but this little tidbit may throw a wrench in my plans... :-\

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2004, 04:47:12 PM »
i'm gonna send my by the end of october...or early november.....