23 (19%)
No
 66 (54.5%)
Already a member, dumbass!
 17 (14%)
I got a 162!
 15 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Author Topic: So, are you joining mensa?  (Read 33792 times)

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
  • But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: So, are you joining mensa?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2006, 07:28:23 PM »
You should root for him to be real -- that much easier for you to take high honors next Fall!

stumpythebigmeanfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2006, 07:32:39 PM »
Why?  I honestly believe poor people have no business in college.  American corporations have thrived, in part, because of their proud tradition of nepotism.  Strivers, on the other hand, are usually ego-inflated self-promoters who think that "merit" is remotely related to grubbing.

Specifically to bartenders, I told the poster that serving poison for a living is not something to be proud of.  Kids have put themselves through Stanford dealing cocaine.  Should I applaud them?  No, obviously not.  Why should it be any different when it's alcohol?  Just because a substance is legal doesn't mean you make a living selling it.  I would say the same to people who sell assault rifles.

Hahahahahaha!

Putz.

Why are the rest of you giving this moron the time of day?

Oh wow, I suppose the ad hominem was due some time around now anyway.  I would kindly nominate you for the moron category.  You could use the extra 4 LSAT points.

Hey Redemption --

Me?  Because I'm bored and waiting for a phone call to find out if I have to drive to Seattle tonight or tomorrow.

And I liked his attitude at first and the 180/4.0 condescending schtick can be OK if done right.  But he hasn't said anything funny yet, so I am probably going to give up.

My GPA was higher than a 4.0.

Fair enough, if you were bored. 4/180 and thinks like that? I doubt it.

Thinks like what?  Essentialism isn't helping your case, dearie.

You should root for him to be real -- that much easier for you to take high honors next Fall!

She'd be a 1L.  It's Pass/Fail the first semester, moron.

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2006, 07:38:40 PM »

Essentialism isn't helping your case, dearie.

Now you're getting the hang of it!  Much better son, much better.  But you already called her a moron.  Shouldn't you think of something else for me?  To pull off the 180 sneer thing well you need to have really creative and witty insults instead of just calling everyone a moron. 

stumpythebigmeanfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2006, 07:45:30 PM »

Essentialism isn't helping your case, dearie.

Now you're getting the hang of it!  Much better son, much better.  But you already called her a moron.  Shouldn't you think of something else for me?  To pull off the 180 sneer thing well you need to have really creative and witty insults instead of just calling everyone a moron. 

Why would I waste either creativity or wit on you?  Goodness knows you and your ilk wouldn't appreciate it.

Oh, and I merely nominated her for the category.  You, however, took the award.  Nice to finally win at something, eh?

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 07:53:40 PM »
Why would I waste either creativity or wit on you?  Goodness knows you and your ilk wouldn't appreciate it.

Oh, and I merely nominated her for the category.  You, however, took the award.  Nice to finally win at something, eh?

Why do you bother posting on a board where 99% of the people can't appreciate you?  Neither Groucho Marx nor existentialism is being kind to you. 

I am updating my resume as we speak to include your award!  Sometimes the nature and quality of a person's detractors says a lot for them.

stumpythebigmeanfrog

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2006, 07:57:39 PM »

Why do you bother posting on a board where 99% of the people can't appreciate you?  Neither Groucho Marx nor existentialism is being kind to you. 

I am updating my resume as we speak to include your award!  Sometimes the nature and quality of a person's detractors says a lot for them.

For the same reason that you are applying to law school: there's still the probability of finding that 1%.  Although, for you, 1% is putting your chances of a decent law school rather high, no?

I'm sure my award makes your years of service to McDonald's so much the more impressive.  Glad to be of service.

Bork

• Sr. Citizen
  • Monkey Stealing My Stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 02:13:25 PM »
LOL. Stumpy...you've gotta be more hardcore if you're gonna do the 180/4.0 thing. Be more like that blonde guy that Goodwill Hunting punks out in the bar...you know...or maybe just go ahead and climb the National Monument with the weather machine you invented...I mean, i've been waiting for you to actually proclaim yourself a god among mere mortals but it seems you're holding back....don't be timid stumpy...the time has come to make the return of the Mesiah known to the LSD people. LMAO
"Any Major Dude with half a heart surely will tell you my friend, any minor world that breaks apart falls together again. When the demon is at your door, in the morning it won't be there no more, Any Major Dude will tell

habeas dorkus!

• Sr. Citizen
  • A retired queen of hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 02:20:18 PM »
If I saw "Mensa member" on a resume, I wouldn't hire the person. I'm serious. Mensa is a social club for intellectually mediocre, pompous douchebags.
Stop being so cryptic, fuckers.

ARG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2006, 02:12:20 AM »
I went to a meeting in Dallas because my step father was going. It was awful. I can't believe how many social retards exists. I wouldn't join even if it did look good on a resume.
Go Badgers!

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2006, 02:34:36 AM »
Hehe I got a 162.

Why would I want to hang out with a bunch of nerds anyway?

Seriously though...I think I would qualify with other tests I have taken, but it seems like something people who need to prove to the world that they are really smart are a part of. I have smart friends who I can act stupid with, I like that better.