Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have two degrees, and applying to law school  (Read 2769 times)

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I have two degrees, and applying to law school
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 08:50:53 AM »
sure,

the canadian process is quite a bit different, and each school will do it differently.  From the schools I've applied to, they basically just average all of your marks to get a GPA.  But they also take a qualitative approach, and look at your studies from a general perspective.

Why don't you call the schools you want to apply to and they'll tell you how they will look at your transcripts?  That's what I did anyways.

LilyQ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 09:41:16 PM »
sure,

the canadian process is quite a bit different, and each school will do it differently.  From the schools I've applied to, they basically just average all of your marks to get a GPA.  But they also take a qualitative approach, and look at your studies from a general perspective.

Why don't you call the schools you want to apply to and they'll tell you how they will look at your transcripts?  That's what I did anyways.

Do you think they look more closely at upper level grades?

Cheeks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 08:19:00 AM »
I am in the same situation as you (kinda), and was hoping that they would pay more attention to my upper level grades.  I would say, UofT did, and Osgoode definitely did not.  So it depends on the school.