Law School Discussion

2 Addendums....Too Much ???

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Addendums....Too Much ???
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 03:20:58 PM »
I have two addenda....one only a paragraph to describe my employment of one month this fall that I did not put on my resume b/c my boss wanted to play to grab ass and I didn't and that the EEOC is currently investigating my former boss and employer. My second one is about 1 1/2 pages that discusses my lsat. Mainly that I have documented lds (established, well over ten years) and my friends at the LSAC shot down my request for accommodations with two weeks to go before the test even though I had my papers in three months prior... so I didn't do so hot. Go Team Addendum!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 03:37:59 PM »
Maria, I was leaning towards 3 addendums but now I am back towards undecided. The 2 GPA reasons are unrelated. My 2.9 Undergraduate GPA was because I didn't take it seriously, spent my time on philanthropy and extracurricular and really diddn't care about class, (This was a few years ago anyway.) With Grad School, The "perception" is that anyone can get near a 4.0., and if you don't, regardless of the reason, you have failed at a second chance. I only got a 3.5 (just graduated) because I worked 60 hours a week (not to make an excuse),and thus feel I need to explain why it wasn't higher.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 10:56:08 AM »
call me a whino - but I felt it was better to give them more information than less - I am a reach at all but one or 2 of my school I applied to.  I sent a

1) GPA/Major addendum (just explain why I have so many random lower level courses and my switch from economics to a humanities major.
2) LSAT addendum
3) Professional Gap Addendum after a school requested I explain my "time off"

That's three addendums plus one PS and 2 optional diversity/socio-economic essays in one document.

So yeah I deluged them but I prefer to have the peace of mind that they rejected me after I put up my best case rather than not provide enough information about me.