Law School Discussion

2 Addendums....Too Much ???

2 Addendums....Too Much ???
« on: January 02, 2005, 07:39:30 PM »
Regardless of legitimacy, would 2 different addendums hurt because of the number, "2"?   Would 3 hurt because of the number, "3"? 
Any comments appreciated.

twarga

Re: 2 Addendums....Too Much ???
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 07:42:45 PM »
Addendums?  You mean documents added to the applications?  I put a personal statement, an explanation of my break in education (required), and my resume.  So if two is too much, three's a crowd!  Ouch!

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 08:31:53 PM »
The PS and Resume are not addendums.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 09:29:11 PM »
i attached ps, resume, diversity statement, and addenda sheet for all my apps.

the addenda sheet has 2 short paragraphs on it, 1 about my gpa, and 1 about a "criminal" disclosure.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 06:38:07 AM »
You can place all addendums in one ?

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 10:21:56 AM »
casca,
you said you sent a div stmt to all schools? from what i've been seeing most schools dont ask for one - am i wrong? which schools did you send one to?

maricutie

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 10:24:53 AM »
My application packet to all schools included (1) ps (2) socio-econ addendum that also mentioned gpa trend/explanation (3) post-grad position (4) resume.

Maybe we'd be more helpful if you mentioned what were the 2 addendums you were considering adding?

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 10:35:41 AM »
casca,
you said you sent a div stmt to all schools? from what i've been seeing most schools dont ask for one - am i wrong? which schools did you send one to?

yea, i sent to every school.  most are huge reaches anyways, so i dont think it could hurt, and will probably help.  its just 1 page, so its not like im sending them an overload of random writing samples.

also, several schools had optional essays, one of which was always just a diversity statement.  and some said "if theres anything else regarding your background that you would like the committee to know about..."

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 03:09:04 PM »
My first addendum is to explain why it took until my third LSAT to keep my score (2 cancellations first). Second, poor undergrad GPA.
Third, only mediocre Grad GPA (diff. reason than #2)

The concern I have is, in addition to my PS, resume, and recommendations, 3 addendums would paint the candidate as "always having a story" while overwhelming them with info.

maricutie

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 03:17:12 PM »
Hmm. See if you can combine the two GPA-addendums into one. The LSAT addendum I'm still deciding on whether you even need it, especially if it was nerves and/or sickness. But definetely don't do 3.