Law School Discussion

Okay, started freaking out today

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
Okay, started freaking out today
« on: January 02, 2005, 05:54:57 PM »
I have (so I thought) all my applications in, but I haven't heard from anywhere yet.  I have a 165/3.3, finance major, and I've applied to BC, BU, Northeastern (top choice), Suffolk, and Quinnipiac.  I'm fairly certain I want to settle in Boston, but not 100% positive.  Any advice on other schools I should be considering? 

Re: Okay, started freaking out today
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 06:01:44 PM »
Looks like you got all the schools in the Boston area, so your set. I'm sure you'll get into a couple

russian_concussion

• Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 06:24:56 PM »
I have (so I thought) all my applications in, but I haven't heard from anywhere yet.  I have a 165/3.3, finance major, and I've applied to BC, BU, Northeastern (top choice), Suffolk, and Quinnipiac.  I'm fairly certain I want to settle in Boston, but not 100% positive.  Any advice on other schools I should be considering? 

I applied to all those, except Quinnipiac (wtf is that  ???), Suffolk will definately take you, since they took me and our numbers are pretty close. Why is NE your top choice if you're applying to BC/BU? Just curious.

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 06:27:41 PM »
1. I doubt BU or BC would even think about giving me a cent, even if I somehow got in
2. My boyfriend goes to NU undergrad, has had a job for after graduation since he was a sophomore, thanks to the coop program, which is absolutly amazing in my opinion
3. totally corny, but when I toured NU, I got that "feeling," when I was at BC and BU I just didn't.

think I have a good shot at NU?

russian_concussion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
1. I doubt BU or BC would even think about giving me a cent, even if I somehow got in
2. My boyfriend goes to NU undergrad, has had a job for after graduation since he was a sophomore, thanks to the coop program, which is absolutly amazing in my opinion
3. totally corny, but when I toured NU, I got that "feeling," when I was at BC and BU I just didn't.

think I have a good shot at NU?

I think if you get into BC or BU, you should absolutely go to one of those schools. With law schools, it's not really where your bf goes that's going to make the difference but the quality and reputation of your education. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's worth it to go to a better school. It's not like you're going across the country, both BC and BU are both within a T's ride to NU.

Rowgirl

• 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 06:36:56 PM »
My decision has absolutly nothing to do with where my boyfriend goes, especially because when I start law school, he'll be graduated, but rather his great experience with their coop program.  Not only does he already have a job, he'll have two years more experience in his field when he graduates.  That's pretty marketable.  And for someone like me, who isn't certain about what type of law she wants to practice, having the opportunity to try different things is a pretty good deal.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2005, 06:44:10 PM »
i agree rowgirl...especially if you want to settle in the boston area...i'd be excited if i got into NU..it's going to be one of my top choice...err once i take the LSAT that is. 

russian_concussion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2005, 06:45:24 PM »
i agree rowgirl...especially if you want to settle in the boston area...i'd be excited if i got into NU..it's going to be one of my top choice...err once i take the LSAT that is. 

Don't listen to sox, she's all looks and no brains  :D

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2005, 06:46:18 PM »
No schools in Philly? I thought the lure of Boathouse Row could bring any potential 1L to consider schools around there.

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 06:52:56 PM »
ohhh aren't you mr funny today! ?? ??????? ???????

nah - i'd also like to go to BU but i won't get in or get any money...NU was the school that i first saw when starting to think about LS...co op is great.