Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking LSAT in June 05  (Read 9108 times)

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
  • If your ship hasn't come in, Swim out to IT.
    • MSN Messenger - kaest4@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaest42000@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Taking LSAT in June 05
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2005, 10:33:41 PM »
Hey Karen, I just want to give you a quick heads up...

I live in Orlando as well, and PS does not currently offer a full length class here.  I ended up taking the TM full length class (I saved the money for quite a while, these things are expensive!) but I'd say it was worth it.  You can definitely get a good score on your own, but the self discipline this would require, what with job/family is a bit much for me.

Just wanted to let you know so it wasn't a surprise when you start looking into these things.

I will have to look into that- i think I may have to take it- i am going to take the weekend ps course memorial day weekend and take the test june 6.   

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2005, 08:40:43 PM »
If you guys are looking for more study materials I would also suggest buying Kaplan's  LSAT 180 book.  It has a combination of killer games, logicical reasoning questions and reading comp.  They present you with the hardest problems so that you can be prepared for anything.  i think it costs around $35.00 and you can find it at any major bookstore.  Good Luck!

Thanks- I will look for it this weekend when I am out

Karen

TheZooker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2005, 09:56:37 PM »

I will have to look into that- i think I may have to take it- i am going to take the weekend ps course memorial day weekend and take the test june 6.   

Hey, My friend called and talked to the people at Powerscore and they are planning on having a full length class here in Orlando for the June test.  There will not be a full length for the Feb test, but if you're planning on taking the June it should be an option, if you are interested.  Just wanted to set the record straight!

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2005, 01:33:20 AM »
Hey Christy,
  Just wanted to let you know that the discipline is the hardest first step, in the beginning I found myself distracted and bored easily.

But, the intresting thing is once I got enveloped, it was amazing to me how much time I could spend there.  I had myself trained by the end not to even notice that 5 hrs had gone by doing a test and studying, except maybe that my but hurt...

Um, main advice, in the beginning give yourself little goals that you know are within achieving means.  something to the effect, i'm going to study till i understand these 5 LR strategies, and i'm going to do at least one timed practice section...

then after that's under control, what i did is moved up to bigger goals, more strategies to review and/or more timed sections to take....

once you have a couple of strategies under your belt it will be smooth sailing. 

just dont give up on the consistency of the studying!!  I know you'll keep getting better and better scores :o)

mcleod13

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2005, 12:32:59 PM »
Christy,
  I just wanted to chime in here and let you know that I am also taking the June 05 LSAT and am almost in your exact shoes. I have a 3 year old that is constantly in need of my attention. His mother works all day so I don't have an enormous amount of time to study. I am signed up for a weekend LSAT course next week. I figure if I take it in Jan, I can take it again in May for free if need be. I have been studying the LRB and I must admit it is helping enormously. I am shooting for a 165 as I have had horrible experiences with the LSAT and have to make up for 2 horrible LSAT cores on my record. But keep studying, it does work. I have yet to take a full length test again. i am waiting until I can study the LGB and get its concepts down before I start taking full lengt tests.
GOOD LUCK

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2005, 05:26:24 PM »
Hey Christy,
  Just wanted to let you know that the discipline is the hardest first step, in the beginning I found myself distracted and bored easily.

But, the intresting thing is once I got enveloped, it was amazing to me how much time I could spend there.  I had myself trained by the end not to even notice that 5 hrs had gone by doing a test and studying, except maybe that my but hurt...

Um, main advice, in the beginning give yourself little goals that you know are within achieving means.  something to the effect, i'm going to study till i understand these 5 LR strategies, and i'm going to do at least one timed practice section...

then after that's under control, what i did is moved up to bigger goals, more strategies to review and/or more timed sections to take....

once you have a couple of strategies under your belt it will be smooth sailing. 

just dont give up on the consistency of the studying!!  I know you'll keep getting better and better scores :o)
Filia, you have no idea how I appreciate this advice. I was wondering how I was going to discipline myself enough to do this, but you have helped me with a strategy. Thank you so very much for your input, believe me,  I listen to everyone's advice and it is a big help. Thank again.
ChristyLove

WoeIsMe

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2005, 05:28:01 PM »

this gave me all the motivation i needed
http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/salary.htm

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2005, 05:32:04 PM »
Christy,
  I just wanted to chime in here and let you know that I am also taking the June 05 LSAT and am almost in your exact shoes. I have a 3 year old that is constantly in need of my attention. His mother works all day so I don't have an enormous amount of time to study. I am signed up for a weekend LSAT course next week. I figure if I take it in Jan, I can take it again in May for free if need be. I have been studying the LRB and I must admit it is helping enormously. I am shooting for a 165 as I have had horrible experiences with the LSAT and have to make up for 2 horrible LSAT cores on my record. But keep studying, it does work. I have yet to take a full length test again. i am waiting until I can study the LGB and get its concepts down before I start taking full lengt tests.
GOOD LUCK

McLeod

Thank you for your input, I too have a 3 yr old, and 2 others 13 and 17, it is not easy, but I don't have to tell you that. I wish we could get credit for being parents (LOL). But seriously, Thank you so much for your encourgement. I am not as nervous as I used to be, but still I would like to get this whole thing over with. I am buying a LGB online this weekend, plus I will be studying for the LSAT up until June 6, my birthday is June 5. So what a gift this would be if I could get atleast a 155-160. Thanks again and keep up the studying.
ChristyLove

klasyk gyrl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • MSN Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • AOL Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2005, 06:16:25 PM »
i'm also planning on taking lsat in june. i bought the barron's book and i was told that it was crap. from more than one person. i guess the questions are made up and other books use real questions from past lsat's. i also hear that kaplan is crap. that powerscore and test masters are good. i also am reading the powerscore lsat locial reasoning bible and it seems pretty straight forward and clear. i could see where barron's fails a bit.
I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils.

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2005, 09:10:18 PM »
Hey Christy? How is the studying going? School is here is driving me crazy-lol need to pick up the lsat studying have slacked in the last couple of weeks, but need to get back to it.

Just wanted to say hello

Karen