Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking LSAT in June 05  (Read 9044 times)

Tymeless

Re: Taking LSAT in June 05
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2005, 02:54:32 PM »
Christylove

Do you have any of the powerscore study material/bibles?

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2005, 10:44:11 AM »
:) Hey I would also like to say that since you already know you're not taking the test until June you bhave plenty of time to study....The powerscore books will be a great help if you can't take the class.....

Wow someonelse on here from OH!

Hello, what part of Ohio are you from? I am taking everyones advice about powerscore, but also interested in Testmasters. I am freaking out about this LSAT but it will be alright. There is no way around it. It is so funny to me that when Johnny Cochran and Willie Gary took it there was no median. And look at them now. Obviously, it is not an accurate measure. Nonetheless, I must take it and pass it. Willie told me that he does not even remember if he took it, because it was so long ago. Anyway good luck, stay in touch, .............Hello Karen and Wildcatz if you are online.
ChristyLove

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2005, 10:48:54 AM »
Christylove

No Tymeless, I don't but I am sure I can order them from the net. I am really going to get some. If you can bring your score up just 10 pts. it will make a world of difference. Although I do know someone who got in with a 140 but you do know that a score that low will decrease your chance for more money? I am trying for a 158 or better. Stay in touch and let me know if you  find any powerscore texts and guides.
ChristyLove

Tymeless

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2005, 01:47:55 PM »
Christylove

No Tymeless, I don't but I am sure I can order them from the net. I am really going to get some. If you can bring your score up just 10 pts. it will make a world of difference. Although I do know someone who got in with a 140 but you do know that a score that low will decrease your chance for more money? I am trying for a 158 or better. Stay in touch and let me know if you  find any powerscore texts and guides.

I am presently registered for a prep course, I am aiming for 160 or better. Funny thing in my practice exams I averaged a 154. I don't know but I do know study study study and practice practice practice.  I started my first test with a 140, I don't know what happened lsat day.  But in referenceto study material, check this thread http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,19599.0.html

Good luck to you.

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »
Christylove

I am presently registered for a prep course, I am aiming for 160 or better. Funny thing in my practice exams I averaged a 154. I don't know but I do know study study study and practice practice practice.  I started my first test with a 140, I don't know what happened lsat day.  But in referenceto study material, check this thread http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,19599.0.html

Good luck to you.

Okay so Tymeless, can you email me the logic bible or any other materials on that link? Or can anyone who is reading this board, email me any materials? And is there a site other than Kaplan that has a free practice LSAT exam? Thanks
ChristyLove

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
  • If your ship hasn't come in, Swim out to IT.
    • MSN Messenger - kaest4@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaest42000@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2005, 03:04:47 PM »
:) Hey I would also like to say that since you already know you're not taking the test until June you bhave plenty of time to study....The powerscore books will be a great help if you can't take the class.....

Hello, what part of Ohio are you from? I am taking everyones advice about powerscore, but also interested in Testmasters. I am freaking out about this LSAT but it will be alright. There is no way around it. It is so funny to me that when Johnny Cochran and Willie Gary took it there was no median. And look at them now. Obviously, it is not an accurate measure. Nonetheless, I must take it and pass it. Willie told me that he does not even remember if he took it, because it was so long ago. Anyway good luck, stay in touch, .............Hello Karen and Wildcatz if you are online.

Hey Christy- Been gone a couple of days- How is the studying going?

Karen

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2005, 10:19:32 PM »

Hey Christy- Been gone a couple of days- How is the studying going?

Karen
Hey Karen, I have been gone a few days too. But the studying is rough, i have to discipline myself to finish the whole test. I was so distracted this weekend that I could hardly start. But I intend to start going to the Library every Saturday and time myself on each section. I am still going to start a tutorial but just have not figured out which one, possibly Powerscore since it is so cheap, and I still have time to pay for it. It's only $350.00 much cheaper in comparison to some of the others.I am still psyched, so I will use that as my motivation. Stay in Touch.
ChristyLove

TheZooker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2005, 10:27:51 PM »
Hey Karen, I just want to give you a quick heads up...

I live in Orlando as well, and PS does not currently offer a full length class here.  I ended up taking the TM full length class (I saved the money for quite a while, these things are expensive!) but I'd say it was worth it.  You can definitely get a good score on your own, but the self discipline this would require, what with job/family is a bit much for me.

Just wanted to let you know so it wasn't a surprise when you start looking into these things.

TBones

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2005, 06:03:52 PM »
Go with Powerscore all the way.

I personally loved powerscore.  i took the weekend condensed course and thought it was awesome,  well worth the money.  i think the bottom line is taking a TON of practice tests.  remember, the lsat is a mind game you must beat more than a test.

Sgee44

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sgee44
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2005, 06:31:25 PM »
If you guys are looking for more study materials I would also suggest buying Kaplan's  LSAT 180 book.  It has a combination of killer games, logicical reasoning questions and reading comp.  They present you with the hardest problems so that you can be prepared for anything.  i think it costs around $35.00 and you can find it at any major bookstore.  Good Luck!
LSAT: 171
G.P.A.: 3.3