Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking LSAT in June 05  (Read 8870 times)

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
  • If your ship hasn't come in, Swim out to IT.
    • MSN Messenger - kaest4@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaest42000@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Taking LSAT in June 05
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 06:08:13 PM »
Hey Christy-

Girl aim higher- I am aiming for at least 165, I have just started to study- and your gpa is stronger then mine (working on bringing it up to at least a 3.5). I live in Orlando, it just takes practice- I am also taking the exam in June. You have your Personal statement done- I just figured out what I am going to write about today.  I am also a black female and so far my choices are:

Marquette, Tulane, Mich. state, GW and the University of GA-

Really aim higher- You deserve it.  Keep in touch
Thank you for the encouragement. It is so hard to stay focused, I have 3 children, 3, 13, and 17, plus a bad marriage that I am working on trying to dissolve. I cannot afford any distractions. Not to mention I work PT and teach nursing classes FT. I am busy, but I am willing to relocate for school.

You are a busy person, but think of the future - and how nice it will be to be a lawyer- All the hard work and stress will be worth it. When you want something bad enough- we find ways to make it happen- :)

Karen

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »
Hey Christy-

Girl aim higher- I am aiming for at least 165, I have just started to study- and your gpa is stronger then mine (working on bringing it up to at least a 3.5). I live in Orlando, it just takes practice- I am also taking the exam in June. You have your Personal statement done- I just figured out what I am going to write about today.  I am also a black female and so far my choices are:

Marquette, Tulane, Mich. state, GW and the University of GA-

Really aim higher- You deserve it.  Keep in touch
Thank you for the encouragement. It is so hard to stay focused, I have 3 children, 3, 13, and 17, plus a bad marriage that I am working on trying to dissolve. I cannot afford any distractions. Not to mention I work PT and teach nursing classes FT. I am busy, but I am willing to relocate for school.

You are a busy person, but think of the future - and how nice it will be to be a lawyer- All the hard work and stress will be worth it. When you want something bad enough- we find ways to make it happen- :)

Karen
Aw Yes the future. How I welcome it. All of the sacrifice will certainly be worth it. This LSD is a great resource for information. Thanks for all of your kind words.
ChristyLove

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2005, 08:29:54 PM »
What sections are you having the most trouble with if you don't mind my asking?

I think practice is the most important thing but I think you need a system to do well unless you're a genius.

If you're having trouble with all the sections there's some good books that will help and if you take a course that will help even more.

I'm pretty sure that if you're having trouble with a particular question you can post here and people would be glad to help out with the logic.

Good Luck,
Asdar

I am haivng problems with the LG and AR sections. I am interested in trying out testmasters, I have not heard anything too promising about the Kaplan or Princeton review.

The section I am having most trouble with is AR- now I think maybe I should postpone the lsat till oct 2005, so i can take the 10 week powerscore instead of the weekend- but not sure-lol

decisions, decisions???

Karen

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 09:14:40 AM »

I think practice is the most important thing but I think you need a system to do well unless you're a genius.

If you're having trouble with all the sections there's some good books that will help and if you take a course that will help even more.

I'm pretty sure that if you're having trouble with a particular question you can post here and people would be glad to help out with the logic.

Good Luck,
Asdar

I am haivng problems with the LG and AR sections. I am interested in trying out testmasters, I have not heard anything too promising about the Kaplan or Princeton review.

The section I am having most trouble with is AR- now I think maybe I should postpone the lsat till oct 2005, so i can take the 10 week powerscore instead of the weekend- but not sure-lol

decisions, decisions???

Karen
Karen, may I suggest that you just go ahead and take it? I too, was wondering about taking it in October, but I know that I if I do not do it in June, I will not be focused enough to do it all. I have decided that I will study everyday for 4 hours and on Saturday mornings. I am interested in buying a study guide, but I do not know which one to buy. This is a stressful process, but a necessary step towards the future. So again my suggestion is to take it and get it over with. I have heard that the June session is the hardest test. Is that true? My friend took it in December and she siad it was so easy she could not beleive it.
ChristyLove

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 09:17:23 AM »
Go with Powerscore all the way.

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 10:29:12 AM »

Good Luck,
Asdar

decisions, decisions???

Karen
Karen, may I suggest that you just go ahead and take it? I too, was wondering about taking it in October, but I know that I if I do not do it in June, I will not be focused enough to do it all. I have decided that I will study everyday for 4 hours and on Saturday mornings. I am interested in buying a study guide, but I do not know which one to buy. This is a stressful process, but a necessary step towards the future. So again my suggestion is to take it and get it over with. I have heard that the June session is the hardest test. Is that true? My friend took it in December and she siad it was so easy she could not beleive it.

Ok Christy- Let's make a deal- we will both take it in June-  :)  I brought the barron's book but i am looking at getting the powerscore booklets and there is another book- that a friend of mine has- i have to get it from him- its a really good pratice book- i will let you know what it is?

Karen

Infoolio

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 03:33:35 PM »
I recommend any/all powerscore materials, most notably their logic games bible.

Nova's Master the LSAT is decent

LSAT Advantage with Professor Dave is a nice 'intro' book that gives an overview of the whole exam

best of luck

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 05:24:53 PM »
 :) Hey I would also like to say that since you already know you're not taking the test until June you bhave plenty of time to study....The powerscore books will be a great help if you can't take the class.....

Wow someonelse on here from OH!
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 05:35:51 PM »
Okay Karen, that is a deal. I will be waiting for the name of that book. I was thinking about taking testmasters, but then again maybe not. It cost $1250.00, but since my educaton may cost up $100,000, what's another $1250.00? LOL
ChristyLove

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 08:07:05 PM »
Okay Karen, that is a deal. I will be waiting for the name of that book. I was thinking about taking testmasters, but then again maybe not. It cost $1250.00, but since my educaton may cost up $100,000, what's another $1250.00? LOL

I know- I think I will go with powerscore

Karen