Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking LSAT in June 05  (Read 8429 times)

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
Taking LSAT in June 05
« on: January 01, 2005, 08:49:50 PM »
I am so nervous. I am taking LSAT in June, 05. I have been practicing, and my last score was 144. I know that I need to practice more than I have been to get into a decent school. But I am not aiming really high, I am hoping to get into Florida Coastal, Baltimore or even Stetson. But definetly not a T14. What would a score of 148-150 do for me? I know a girl that just got into Boston Univ. with a 140. I am not kidding. But she had 2 things going for her, she is black and she is obviously a female. I am also a black female. My GPA is 3.67, but I am obtaining my UG from an online program in Colorado and it is accredited. And I have a hell of a personal statement, like overcoming the fact that my mother killed my sister 30 years ago, and died in her sleep 48 hours before her release to a halfway house after serving more than 10 years in prison. Any advice out there for me? 
ChristyLove

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Taking LSAT in June 05
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 05:27:17 PM »
You've got to aim higher. If you study you can surely get a score in the 150's- This would let you be in serious consideration at more schools, definately in at Howard.

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 06:03:34 PM »
You've got to aim higher. If you study you can surely get a score in the 150's- This would let you be in serious consideration at more schools, definately in at Howard.

I know and you are so right, I feel that I can do well atleast the low to mid 150's, I am hoping that what my LSAT does not reflect, my GPA, LOR's or PS will. I have been reading and reading and I still feel so overwhelmed. I am a practicing nurse, and I can remember having to take a similiar entrance exam to get into class. But this is hard. I do have time on my side, but I still need to study, study, study. Thanks for the encouragement. Incidentally, I am interested in California Western, I noticed it was one of the schools on the list. Thanks again.
ChristyLove

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 06:07:51 PM »
Where are you from, may I ask?
I live in Atlanta right now, but I am from Ohio.
ChristyLove

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 10:43:48 PM »
Keep studying!  If you have time, I say spend a couple of hours getting close and personal with each section, and then start taking a whole bunch of timed practice tests!!

When I first started, I was like what the !@#@$, but I didnt stop studying for 3 months, 2 days a wk, plus every saturday morning, almost like it was a real class, (but it wasnt, because I was too cheap to pay for prep), and after a while I swear, it felt like my score magically just grew, (as in I cant remember the moment that htings started cliking, but they did)....

anyway, the point is, dont give up on regular studying/repetition!! and you have a really good gpa, so you're already at a good start =)

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 10:41:50 AM »
Keep studying!  If you have time, I say spend a couple of hours getting close and personal with each section, and then start taking a whole bunch of timed practice tests!!

When I first started, I was like what the !@#@$, but I didnt stop studying for 3 months, 2 days a wk, plus every saturday morning, almost like it was a real class, (but it wasnt, because I was too cheap to pay for prep), and after a while I swear, it felt like my score magically just grew, (as in I cant remember the moment that htings started cliking, but they did)....

anyway, the point is, dont give up on regular studying/repetition!! and you have a really good gpa, so you're already at a good start =)

You guys have no idea how much I appreciate these words of encouragement. I think that I will take everyones advice and really put on my study hat. Thank you so much. This is so important to me.
ChristyLove

asdar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2005, 04:21:26 PM »
What sections are you having the most trouble with if you don't mind my asking?

I think practice is the most important thing but I think you need a system to do well unless you're a genius.

If you're having trouble with all the sections there's some good books that will help and if you take a course that will help even more.

I'm pretty sure that if you're having trouble with a particular question you can post here and people would be glad to help out with the logic.

Good Luck,
Asdar

kaest4

• Sr. Citizen
  • If your ship hasn't come in, Swim out to IT.
    • MSN Messenger - kaest4@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - kaest42000@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »
Hey Christy-

Girl aim higher- I am aiming for at least 165, I have just started to study- and your gpa is stronger then mine (working on bringing it up to at least a 3.5). I live in Orlando, it just takes practice- I am also taking the exam in June. You have your Personal statement done- I just figured out what I am going to write about today.  I am also a black female and so far my choices are:

Marquette, Tulane, Mich. state, GW and the University of GA-

Really aim higher- You deserve it.  Keep in touch

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2005, 05:50:16 PM »
What sections are you having the most trouble with if you don't mind my asking?

I think practice is the most important thing but I think you need a system to do well unless you're a genius.

If you're having trouble with all the sections there's some good books that will help and if you take a course that will help even more.

I'm pretty sure that if you're having trouble with a particular question you can post here and people would be glad to help out with the logic.

Good Luck,
Asdar

I am haivng problems with the LG and AR sections. I am interested in trying out testmasters, I have not heard anything too promising about the Kaplan or Princeton review.
ChristyLove

christylove

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 05:53:04 PM »
Hey Christy-

Girl aim higher- I am aiming for at least 165, I have just started to study- and your gpa is stronger then mine (working on bringing it up to at least a 3.5). I live in Orlando, it just takes practice- I am also taking the exam in June. You have your Personal statement done- I just figured out what I am going to write about today.  I am also a black female and so far my choices are:

Marquette, Tulane, Mich. state, GW and the University of GA-

Really aim higher- You deserve it.  Keep in touch
Thank you for the encouragement. It is so hard to stay focused, I have 3 children, 3, 13, and 17, plus a bad marriage that I am working on trying to dissolve. I cannot afford any distractions. Not to mention I work PT and teach nursing classes FT. I am busy, but I am willing to relocate for school.
ChristyLove