Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Taking LSAT in June 05  (Read 9188 times)

Burhop

• Sr. Citizen
  • Editor girl @ Northwestern University
    • View Profile
    • I Edit Stuff.
Re: Taking LSAT in June 05
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2005, 05:24:54 PM »
Hey, I'm taking the June LSAT as well!

I started studying in December, and just took a full simulated LSAT offered by Kaplan for free at my school. If you go to Kaplan's website, you can see if there are any free simulations in your area. They didn't try to sell me anything and I'll get to see what my score "would have been," which I think in invaluable.

One of the best tips I've gotten so far, LSAT-wise, is that "a point is a point." It's best to concentrate most on the areas where you stand to gain the most, instead of beating yourself up about areas where you're not making as much headway. You do want to studying *everything*, but here's what I learned from my test simulation: by focusing so hard on logic games, I did better on that section than I'd expected, but I also fried my brain, thus screwing me up for the next section.

I think it's all about test stamina, baby. And strategizing. Focus on each section individually, and look at that section score separately. Then, decide what the "maximum score" you think you could get for that section would be, and aim for that. Thinking about the "big picture" score at this point in the game might just serve to psych you out, you know?

best of luck,

Dani
Lit Journal Editor, Grants Administrator, Poet, Girl about town
www.northwestessay.com

law_wizard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2005, 05:48:44 PM »
I'm goin for the June '05 test also. I've got the LGB and the LRB and so far they are very helpful.

Took my first practice test and did ok. Definitely room for improvement, but with effort I will improve.

Good luck everyone.

Hu

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2005, 09:45:57 PM »
Hey Christy? How is the studying going? School is here is driving me crazy-lol need to pick up the lsat studying have slacked in the last couple of weeks, but need to get back to it.

Just wanted to say hello

Karen

Maybe the two of you could just trade emails? ::)

christylove

• If you do not look, you will never see.
    • MSN Messenger - trulve@msn.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2005, 08:48:24 PM »
Hey Christy? How is the studying going? School is here is driving me crazy-lol need to pick up the lsat studying have slacked in the last couple of weeks, but need to get back to it.

Just wanted to say hello

Karen

And if we don't? I do not see the big deal in talking on this DB from time to time, with all the other *&^% that gets posted!
ChristyLove

David

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2005, 10:36:17 PM »

Just wanted to say hello

Karen

And if we don't? I do not see the big deal in talking on this DB from time to time, with all the other sh*t that gets posted!

Don't mind Hu. He's a little *&^%.
HLS '09

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2005, 02:57:10 PM »
Two pieces of advice:
1. Don't take a Kaplan Course
2. Don't take the June LSAT at Northwestern in Chicago where your proctor doesn't speak english, the air conditioning doesn't work, the desks make your back feel like a giant knot, and you sit in the same room for 7 hours.
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

Sister Funkhaus

• June LSAT HERE I COME
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2005, 07:48:18 PM »

I am haivng problems with the LG and AR sections. I am interested in trying out testmasters, I have not heard anything too promising about the Kaplan or Princeton review.

I HIGHLY recommend LGB. I can't say enough about it. I posted my own story in Studying For the LSAT.
Do a dance, on the floor, in a round.

klasyk gyrl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • MSN Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • AOL Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2005, 11:42:49 AM »
i'm starting my 4th week of testmasters. i'm still getting almost half the problems wrong and i spend hours on homework. please tell me that it gets more repititious and mechanical in a timed setting...and correct!
I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils.

frolicdetour

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2005, 02:17:33 PM »
Christy,

You might want to investigate each school's attrition rate. California Western has easy admittance, but it also has a very high attrition rate. Choose your school wisely. No sense spending all that time and effort at a particular school only to fall thousands of dollars behind in debts with nothing to show for.