Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Copi's book  (Read 627 times)

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Copi's book
« on: April 27, 2004, 12:36:53 PM »
Will anyone tell me if this is a good book to read.  I am a History Major, so I have had no formal training in Logic like Philosophy Majors.  Should I read it? 
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

Victor

Re: Copi's book
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 01:11:13 PM »
Will anyone tell me if this is a good book to read.  I am a History Major, so I have had no formal training in Logic like Philosophy Majors.  Should I read it? 

Yeah I used that book for a logic course. It's the best book out there on logic. Dont waste your time with books like "Logic For Lawyers," its horrific. But also I dont think studying the book on your own is best. I think you going to need a class. But yeah its the best book on logic period.

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Copi's book
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 01:12:29 PM »
Thanks Victor.  Someone finally answered my question.
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC