Law School Discussion

High LSAT Score Qualifies for Mensa

Jgunnz

• GPA: 3.64, LSAT: (156+166)/2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: High LSAT Score Qualifies for Mensa
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2004, 12:33:17 AM »
I certainly have nothing to prove to you David Bornberg, however Iím glad you've been keeping up with my other posts where I freely admit I scored a 156 in October. I post a 166 on my avatar because that was my score in December and I can post my scores however I choose, I have nothing to hide. It wasn't my best day in October; hopefully the Adcomms will be more understanding than you.

Does trying to bring down other people give you some sort of high? I've looked at all eleven of your other posts, on nearly every one of them you were insulting someone in some way, it seems that's all you do here on LSD. I know acting brash and outlandish are fine skills for any lawyer to have. Good work!

WoeIsMe

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 05:59:34 AM »
I certainly have nothing to prove to you David Bornberg, however Iím glad you've been keeping up with my other posts where I freely admit I scored a 156 in October. I post a 166 on my avatar because that was my score in December and I can post my scores however I choose, I have nothing to hide. It wasn't my best day in October; hopefully the Adcomms will be more understanding than you.

Does trying to bring down other people give you some sort of high? I've looked at all eleven of your other posts, on nearly every one of them you were insulting someone in some way, it seems that's all you do here on LSD. I know acting brash and outlandish are fine skills for any lawyer to have. Good work!

last I heard, you can use the MENSA membership card as a VIP pass and get into Manhattan's ultra-hot clubs.

UMHBmom

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2004, 06:41:06 AM »
I've played with the thought of MENSA on and off again over the years. I was admitted as a child but haven't kept up the dues. What is the point exactly? From what I've read of the average IQs of attorneys, pretty much the entire profession has or could get membership, soooooo..... what do I get for the dues paid? We have USAA for car insurance, and that beats the pants off of Geico any day of the week. Will it enhance my career in some way? I once read a list of movie stars with MENSA memberships (inc. Sharon Stone and Geena Davis) and it kind of turned me off.......

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2004, 06:51:44 AM »

In fact, the fact that it takes everyone higher than friggin 90 percentile turns me off. What the hell is this, Joy Luck Club? Why the hell does everyone get the join the goddamn MENSA? I once thought it's a prestigous thing, now it's just something that every regular idiot can get just simply by paying some dollars to take a few extra LSATs

gobie55

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2004, 07:05:09 AM »
Wow.  Only 163?  Mensa says their membership is restricted to "people from every walk of life whose IQ is in the top 2% of the population".  I wonder why scoring in the 90th percentile on the LSAT is good enough? 

People who take LSAT are probably (possibly a lot) smarter than the rest of the population. So top 10% of LSAT takers could easily be top 2% of population.

WoeIsMe

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2004, 08:35:07 AM »
the assumption is people don't study for IQ or standardized tests.

gobie55

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2004, 08:40:53 AM »
the assumption is people don't study for IQ or standardized tests.

Who makes that assumption? I don't see the relevance.

lsatposter

• Northwestern '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2004, 08:42:24 AM »
I don't get it. I got a 167. How the hell does that make me mensa? If I'm Mrnsa the world is screwed!

cutcut

• I remember it as if it were a meal ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2004, 08:48:06 AM »
I don't get it. I got a 167. How the hell does that make me mensa? If I'm Mrnsa the world is screwed!

"Mrnsa?" Well said.  :D

WoeIsMe

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2004, 08:55:32 AM »
on the flip side, someone who really bombs (I mean really bombs) the LSAT could kill someone and claim a low IQ as defense?