Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical Freakin Reasoning  (Read 2121 times)

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Logical Freakin Reasoning
« on: April 27, 2004, 10:26:13 AM »
All right, I hate it.  The LR sections.  I need some help.  I'm scoring about a 154-156, But I am missing 95% of my questions on these two sections.   :-[  Should I just memorize the types of questions.....conc., assum., etc.  I am using the Princeton Review.  Is this the best source for the LR sections?  Someone PLEASE HELP! I need to get to the mid 160's.
                                      Thanks,
                                              Clay Bruner   

Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Logical Freakin Reasoning
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 11:06:59 AM »
I just bought the Nova Book.  Is this the best book?
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

LS2005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 11:08:52 AM »
Hi,

It would seem to me that the techniques that you are using may not be suitable for you.  Some people may find Kaplan/Princeton's tips useful, but I didn't except for their break downs of the types of questions...other than that, I don't think doing as they proposed (5 steps or something) would really help me improve.  Try looking into other prep materials that you haven't explored.  I looked into tons of prep guides (well, I skipped the obvious bad ones like Barron, Real etc), but that doesn't mean I'm using all their techniques, I'm just picking a few from each that helped me.  Again, if you don't know why you messed up on certain questions, look at their explanations.

Good luck

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 11:09:57 AM »
i heard nova was a very good book, although ive never tried it. 

id say for LR, best thing to do is 3 things:  practice, practice and more practice. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 11:10:13 AM »
Thanks LS.  I appreciate any useful help. Thanks for taking the time to help.

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 11:10:23 AM »
that is subject to opinion.  i found it to be the best thing out there for me. i would use that book then go thru as many untimed LR sections as you can (from real LSATs) until you can get say 5 or less wrong per section.  once you get there untimed, work on timing.

its hard for me to relate because i have always been good at these.  LG is my issue. but there is a guy on here who had trouble with LR and wound up with a very high LSAT score from working thru real LSAT tests, so it can be done.

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 11:11:41 AM »
Thanks Dsong.  I guess i am just going to have to practice a lot more

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 11:13:43 AM »
Thanks Nathaniel.  I got the Nova book and the 10 More LSATs.  I already the 10 Actual LSATs.  I am going to practice more.

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 11:15:40 AM »
when are you taking the test?  Make sure you get the most recent LSATs also (#29-42), i would make sure no matter what else you do, you have worked thru these tests and taken at least some of them under timed conditions.

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 11:20:54 AM »
I am taking in June.  I will have 20 real LSAT  test.  Should I buy more or this sufficient?  And I scored around a 154 the first time I looked at an LSAT.  This was before I studied at all.  Realistically, what could I get my score up to?