Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logical Freakin Reasoning  (Read 2115 times)

nathanielmark

Re: Logical Freakin Reasoning
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 11:24:38 AM »
well, 20 is sufficient if it gets you where you need to be.  it looks like i will need more then that myself unfortunately.  but its very important to get the most recent tests. in my opinion, you would be better served doing only the most recent 10 LSATS and reviewing them very well then doing say 20 older ones.

the tests have subtle changes over the years, but it becomes more obvious when jumping around a span of a few years.  if you only take older tests, the LSAT you take on June 14 will most likely seem pretty different from what you are used to practicing.

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 11:25:58 AM »
Where can I get the most recent LSATS?  LSAC?
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

LS2005

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 11:28:33 AM »
Hi Bruner,

Definitely buy Next 10 (coming out in early-mid-May) or at least a few of the most recent tests.  Personally, I started off like you, mid 150's w/o practice..after reading a couple of guides (mostly skimmed through them, because like I said...not all of their techniques are helpful), I did another preptest and got low 160s.(I'm talking about a time difference of 2 weeks).  I'll more serious studying in early May (probably a test per day...cause I don't have to work)...and my goal is in the high 160s or hopefully even 170.  Improvements could range from a few points to a lot like 10 points or more.  It all depends on what you do to prepare.  Of course, w/o sufficient practice, it'll be a dream to improve significantly.  Getting the two books (actual and more 10 is a good start)...do you have explanations for them?  It'll safe you a lot of time thinking why you missed certain questions.  Hopefully next 10 will be out according to schedule (ie April 30th), or else buying individual tests will be more pricey.

nathanielmark

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 11:30:26 AM »
well, there is a book on LSAC "Next 10 LSATs" that will contain tests 29-38...  it is supposed to be released april 30 or so but it keeps getting delayed.  you can buy that book for 30 bux and hope it comes on time, or you can buy 9 of the 10 tests it contains on amazon.com (30-38) for 8 bux each, knowing you wont get caught without the tests you need. i got the stuff on amazon because i did not want to be caught without the tests. the 4 mosr recent tests (#39-42) are available on LSAC for 8 bux each...

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 11:34:09 AM »
Thanks to everyone.  I appreciate the information.
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 11:37:50 AM »
the one thing i would recommend with these test is for you to get them and mix them up.  i ended up doing these test (up to 37 i think...) sequentially and as you do them, you can see the progression in how these questions started changing. wording, phrasing, the way they ask the question, keywords...you can kind of tell how they started veering away from certain ways of asking questions and 'modernizing' (lack of a better term) the questions.  a lot of the recent study guides cater to the more recent lsats in terms of their style of the practice questions and such. 

dont fall into the trap of thinking that certain questions will be asked a certain way.  kaplan tends to think that all inference, principle, strength/weakness questions are asked the same way.  if you go over the older tests, youll know what im talking about.

take all the tests, mix them up so you dont just concentrate on a certain style of a question.  its best to get exposure to every angle you can for all the questions.

and i think they may be bringing back some older style LG too...you might want to watch out for them.   
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'