Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Numbers on LSAC.org  (Read 5396 times)

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
New Numbers on LSAC.org
« on: April 27, 2004, 09:07:18 AM »
The updated ABA-LSAC Official Guide is out now on lsac.org - anyone else seen it?  I did my LSAC Data Search, and Ouch!  I went from over 90% certaintly to less than 25%.  Amazing how much can change in a year. 

I'm officially freaking out now...  :-[
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 09:09:03 AM »
Yeah, I guess it's "mid-April" already huh? :P
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 09:10:12 AM »
Hee.  I've come to the realization that time is completely relative and illogical when it comes to the law... :)
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 09:16:25 AM »
Wow... This really sucks. These numbers are rediculous. Thanks for making my day bad LSAC!  :D
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164
There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary and those who don't.

daynee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 09:24:45 AM »
I know!  I had heard a rumor that there were some drastic changes across all schools in grades/scores from the 2002-03 cycle to 2003-04, but I seriously can't believe that I could go from absolute certaintly to near impossibility at a 2nd tier school (I didn't think my numbers were that bad).  I mean, my school only jumped up 5 points on the USNEWS rankings.  How dare they get all exclusive when I finally decide what I want to do with my life! The nerve! ;)

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 09:33:45 AM »
Well, I'm still borderline at all the schools I thought I was borderline...but since I had to take the LSAT in Feb, my apps were "late" -- so that means I'm probably looking at waitlist at the best for my "maybe" schools....and ultimately Tier 4 bound. It isn't ideal, but it's a life.  At least I got a grande scholarship at Tier 4.

younglady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 10:00:23 AM »
The numbers are probably even worse for this year. My chances of getting a nice fat letter from Rutgers just went down the toilet. Seton Hall still looks like a good possibility.

Why did everyone decide to go to law school when I did?? :'( Damn that bad economy. >:(

Redweld

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 10:20:23 AM »
You guys.  The new numbers on LSAC have to be wrong.  I thought that the percentages were weird so I took it upon myself to plug in certain gpas and lsats.  According to the website, if you have a 3.65 gpa and a 171 lsat, you have a less than 25% chance of getting into the University of New Mexico Law School???  Dude, something's up.  The site must still have glitches in it that they are still trying to work out.

shaynewilliam

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2004, 10:27:04 AM »
You guys.  The new numbers on LSAC have to be wrong.  I thought that the percentages were weird so I took it upon myself to plug in certain gpas and lsats.  According to the website, if you have a 3.65 gpa and a 171 lsat, you have a less than 25% chance of getting into the University of New Mexico Law School???  Dude, something's up.  The site must still have glitches in it that they are still trying to work out.

I would have to agree.  I have a less that a 10% chance of getting in anywhere! 

NerdyLaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2004, 10:28:22 AM »
The numbers are probably even worse for this year. My chances of getting a nice fat letter from Rutgers just went down the toilet. Seton Hall still looks like a good possibility.

Why did everyone decide to go to law school when I did?? :'( Damn that bad economy. >:(
I forgot to ask you on the other thread if you are from NJ. If you at least have that going for you, RU is not a FAR stretch. I think it is for me though since I am a white male - even though I am a New Jersey resident >:(
EE at Rutgers - 3.5/164