Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: New Numbers on LSAC.org  (Read 5246 times)

daynee

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 328
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2004, 10:30:43 AM »
You guys.  The new numbers on LSAC have to be wrong.  I thought that the percentages were weird so I took it upon myself to plug in certain gpas and lsats.  According to the website, if you have a 3.65 gpa and a 171 lsat, you have a less than 25% chance of getting into the University of New Mexico Law School???  Dude, something's up.  The site must still have glitches in it that they are still trying to work out.

Yeah, you may be right about the percentage calculations.  But the GPA/LSAT number distribution looked correct when I looked at the "Law School Description" page (at least for the particular the school I was looking at).  Regardless, numbers have soared between the old data and this new data, and it just makes me sad... 
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

younglady

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 65
    • View Profile
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2004, 10:36:25 AM »
The numbers are probably even worse for this year. My chances of getting a nice fat letter from Rutgers just went down the toilet. Seton Hall still looks like a good possibility.

Why did everyone decide to go to law school when I did?? :'( Damn that bad economy. >:(
I forgot to ask you on the other thread if you are from NJ. If you at least have that going for you, RU is not a FAR stretch. I think it is for me though since I am a white male - even though I am a New Jersey resident >:(


Yeah, I'm from NJ, so I hope that helps. I'm not a URM but maybe they're looking for more South Asian females in their student body !? :D

dsong02

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 4946
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2004, 10:49:20 AM »
great...another reason to be depressed on a tuesday
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

daynee

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 328
  • 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2004, 10:58:01 AM »
great...another reason to be depressed on a tuesday

Aww.  I feel bad for contributing to (causing?) bad moods...   :-[ but thanks for sharing my pain! 
If we do not find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new.  ~ Voltaire, Candide

MaroonOut2005

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 1666
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2004, 11:40:30 AM »
Don't worry too much about it.  Those numbers are all incorrect.  The calculations don't come anywhere NEAR the truth.  I really wish LSAC could get their stuff together and actually put together something decent for once... Anyways, if you want to see a true reflection of your chances, don't worry about the calculations and instead look at the GPA/LSAT acceptance chart of each school.  That will be a better reflection of the actual admission cycle.

Thanks and Gig 'Em

dsong02

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 4946
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 12:05:40 PM »
Don't worry too much about it.  Those numbers are all incorrect.  The calculations don't come anywhere NEAR the truth.  I really wish LSAC could get their stuff together and actually put together something decent for once... Anyways, if you want to see a true reflection of your chances, don't worry about the calculations and instead look at the GPA/LSAT acceptance chart of each school.  That will be a better reflection of the actual admission cycle.

Thanks and Gig 'Em

that depressed me even more.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

lstudent

  • Sr. Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 161
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Numbers on LSAC.org
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 12:32:56 PM »
This is discouraging, and most likely wrong I hope.  With my safety schools, which I easily got into, it shows that I have less than a 25% percent getting into, such as Univ of Idaho.

20-40% chance of getting into Univ of Pacific, 40-60% chance of getting into Golden Gate Univ, etc, etc...

I've been accepted to many schools, and plan on going to Univ of Oregon, but per the LSAC, my chances for getting into many of these places were rather quite slim, based on admissions in 2003.  And 2004 is much more competitive. 

There must be something wrong here, unless I completely lucked out here...must have been my extraordinary and compelling personal statement!! ;)

But I agree with the previous posters, these have got to be incorrect, and LSAC does not have their act together...