Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cont. Interest letter to Hastings: Should I mention that I am in at Davis?  (Read 588 times)

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
I am focusing what I like about the strengths of the school and some particular programs they offer, yet another reason Hastings might be better for me than Davis is the fact that my sister and Uncle live in SF. There is a possibility I will end up living in a spare room in my sister’s home for 1L to save some cash (that is if I get one these phone calls from Hastings I keep hearing so much about).

I don't want to sound like I am bragging though. Tact is what I am aiming for here people.

So, has anyone tactfully mentioned their admission to a similar quality regional school to use as a bit of leverage? Is this advisable or notsomuch?
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

shaynewilliam

• View Profile
    • Email
I (and i'm not an expert) would not do this.  It does sound a bit boastful.  The approach that you initally mentioned sounds like a great idea.  And, my only other advice is to be totally heart-felt.  I (just a few minutes ago) sent a letter of cont. interest to my number one and included why I thought I was a fit in their program and basically asked them to give me an opportunity to contribute...blah, blah, blah.  Good luck and I hope you get in.   Keep me posted

nola8688

• Sr. Citizen
  • THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
Thanks. I am definitely going to error on the side of caution with Hastings. However, the letter to UCLA will not be as cautious since from what I have seen on LSN lately, I have a cold chance in hell of getting in there. I am not sure what I am going to write to them – some begging, pleading, maybe a name drop or two?
Rise and shine and give off your glory glory!!!

shaynewilliam

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks. I am definitely going to error on the side of caution with Hastings. However, the letter to UCLA will not be as cautious since from what I have seen on LSN lately, I have a cold chance in hell of getting in there. I am not sure what I am going to write to them – some begging, pleading, maybe a name drop or two?

Sounds like a good plan to me.  I pretty much begged as well, but tried not to sound desperate (even though I am).  :) Good luck!