Law School Discussion

Letter of continued interest: As an attachment or in the body of the email?

nola8688

• THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
Anyone? I am emailing it in the morning and I want it to be flawless of course.

NerdyLaw

• Loser
    • View Profile
I sent mine in the body and it was received well. I also kept it to the point (3 paragraphs). I figured that noone would want to read another long set of reason of why I want to go to law school.

nola8688

• THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL !!!
    • View Profile
Thanks, I just wanted to make sure. You know this board is hoppin when you can get a response in 4 minutes.

NerdyLaw

• Loser
    • View Profile
Hehe... Insomnia is a beautiful thing. And think, in 8 more hours, I'll be at work getting paid to do this  ;D

altrnet18

• Heading to Hastings
    • View Profile
Definitely in the body. I think that most schools won't even download any attachments that you send to them for fear of viruses.

NerdyLaw

• Loser
    • View Profile
That's another good point but I think a better one is laziness and apathy. Why take the time to double click and print?

camelbx

• 164/2.95
    • View Profile
    • Email
Print it out and mail it post.

E-mail I think appears too lazy.

--

NerdyLaw

• Loser
    • View Profile
Print it out and mail it post.

E-mail I think appears too lazy.

--

My thinking of going the email route is that given the current date, we can't rely on mail to get there in time to make a difference. After a lot of thought I decided to email. I don't think this appears lazy and I did get a response from the admin director.

NJLawGuy, I was going to send an e-mail out to Rutgers tonight. Which e-mail address did you send yours to.

daynee

• 2.84/162 University of Richmond 1L - FINALLY!!!
    • View Profile
I sent one of my letters via email (at their suggestion), and then I sent a second one via Priority Mail.  Thought it couldn't hurt to stick out with one of those big cardbord envelopes...