Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Fordham really competitve?  (Read 1969 times)

Jon_Anon

Is Fordham really competitve?
« on: May 26, 2001, 07:06:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've finally made up my mind to go to Fordham in the Fall.  I'm wondering if anyone knows what the level of competitiveness (is that a word?) is like.  I mean, it's NYC, so I'd imagine a lot of people are trying to get jobs at big firms and are thus trying to graduate in the top of their class.  At the same time, it's no NYU or Columbia.  Anyone heard anything?

Carrie

Re: Is Fordham really competitve?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2001, 07:11:28 PM »
I'm also going to Fordham in the fall... from what I hear, its just slightly more competitive then other schools.  As far as job competition, you're competing against columbia and NYU grads, but Fordham has a really strong alumni base in NYC.  Congrats, see ya in the fall!

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 02:16:17 AM »
I hope you have a great time at Fordham this coming fall.  I'm not really sure how competative Fordham is, but maybe we could revitalize this thread by talking about abortion, the president, stem cell research, or religion.  These seem to be popular topics to get threads going.

Good luck this fall.
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

Amanda H.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 04:29:05 AM »
I would think it's very competitive, for the following reasons:

1)  Strong student numbers.

2)  Need to be near top for biglaw jobs, because you're competing against Columbia, NYU, and other top schools. 

3)  The kind of people who go to Fordham are probably those waitlisted at top schools, and are therefore even more anxious to prove themselves.

In other words, think of a Columbia where everyone feels the need to be in the top 25%.

But that's just my guess.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 08:25:37 AM »
Fordham is a school full of T14 quality students.  They have some of the highest numbers of a tier 1 school. Their class size is also large.  Yes, it is probably competitive.  But, if they let you it, you can compete.