Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I am growing old waiting by the mailbox!  (Read 1343 times)

jeflord

• Fix it!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - akalakk
    • View Profile
I am growing old waiting by the mailbox!
« on: December 29, 2004, 08:59:47 PM »
Ok, ok... I know that everybody feels the same way, but I am makign myself sick coming home from work everyday and checking the mailbox hoping to see something from a school.

At this point I would be pleased with a postcard that says "151???? Whatever!!!!!" I am just so eager to hear something.

What's really bad is I start thinking  "maybe I shouldn't have written my PS in crayon." or "maybe if I took ginko-biloba for the next month I could retake the LSAT in Feb and score much higher".

I'm too old for the stress!   :-\

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: I am growing old waiting by the mailbox!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 09:01:21 PM »
Arrrggg.
me too
I got home today and some crappy company sent me a calendar.
and I'm all "ooh big letter!"
and neg.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

jim411

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 08:08:56 AM »
Yesterday I opened up the mail and I applied to Brooklyn Law School.  Received a fat envelope and opened it to find an admissions catalogue.  They started the letter inside with "We are pleased to provide you with the latest .... Catalog"

I know the stress and I called some schools to check on the status and they all have been saying January or February with response.

Applied to New York Law, Pace, Brooklyn.  Rejected Fordham.

Not a great LSAT score. :

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 08:16:22 AM »
haha jeflord you are really cute  ;D I know just how you feel. I am a doofus and didn't forward my mail home from school for break.   Oh well. You will hear soon. Best of luck! Where did you apply?
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

russian_concussion

• Sr. Citizen
  • Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 10:00:58 AM »
Yea I run home every day and yell "@#!*!" into my mailbox each time it fails to satisfy me. >:(
161/3.53 (in CS, not that it matters)
Going to: Brooklyn 08/19

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 11:35:11 AM »
I almost wet myself when I got a thin envelope from Wisconsin but those bastards just sent me a letter to apply for scholarships which of course got my hopes up but they send it to all the applicants. They are mean. I really thought since they sent a stamped return envelope that they wanted me but alas, it is their idea of toying with my emotions. I am sure the reject letters will roll in next week. I'll just have to get the kleenex ready.

jeflord

• Fix it!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - akalakk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 07:55:31 PM »
haha jeflord you are really cute  ;D I know just how you feel. I am a doofus and didn't forward my mail home from school for break.   Oh well. You will hear soon. Best of luck! Where did you apply?

I applied to 9 schools.  UT Knoxville, Memphis, Georgia State, Loyola NOLA, Northern KY, Valpo, Florida Coastal, Stetson, LSU.

I am so sorry that you forgot to forward your mail!  At least take comfort in the fact that you probably haven't gotten anything yet anyway.

Where do you go to school?  and where have/are you applying?

lauralynne

• Sr. Citizen
  • '02 PSU Alum
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LangelK
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 08:43:38 PM »
I've been reading that a lot of ppl are being notified before snail mail by email.  I keep checking LawSchoolNumbers.com to see if anyone has updated their profiles with acceptances from my schools...we all are psycho.  I want to put my notice in with work like yesterday.  :P
I will be a Nittany Lion turned Pitt Panther for 1L 2005.

www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=xpsupiphi

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 08:53:23 PM »
I've been reading that a lot of ppl are being notified before snail mail by email.  I keep checking LawSchoolNumbers.com to see if anyone has updated their profiles with acceptances from my schools...we all are psycho.  I want to put my notice in with work like yesterday.  :P

Sorry to be such a tool, Lauralynne, you have a cute dog!!
Yeah, I'm OCD about hearing from schools. I check my email and caller i.d way more than most would consider sane. I just started a new job and I am already practicing my 'I'm going to school' talk. Sigh....I totally forgot to check LSN.....

russian_concussion

• Sr. Citizen
  • Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 08:55:54 PM »
I got a fat white envelope from Brooklyn today. I opened it breathlessly. Pulling out the first page, I began to read: "We are  pleased..." @#!* YEA!!! "...to offer you this catalog" @#!*!

These are terrible, terrible people that we are dealing with.
161/3.53 (in CS, not that it matters)
Going to: Brooklyn 08/19