Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: the Other powerscore books...  (Read 1400 times)

M2

the Other powerscore books...
« on: April 26, 2004, 10:07:19 PM »
Ok everyone has heard of the games bible...but I found these very interesting...

The PowerScore
LSAT Logic Games Ultimate Setups Guide - $24.99
The Ultimate Setups Guide features setups for every game in each released LSAT from 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002.

just the diagram setups...not the LSATs...but this is exactly what I have been looking for..

Also of note is the not yet available (aug 2004)
The PowerScore
LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible - $44.99
Pre-Order Sale Price!
Available mid-August 2004. The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible™ is a comprehensive how-to manual for solving every type of Logical Reasoning question. Featuring dozens of real Logical Reasoning questions with detailed explanations, the Bible is the ultimate resource for improving your LSAT Logical Reasoning score.

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: the Other powerscore books...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 10:12:21 PM »
shameless plug

M2

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 10:17:16 PM »
shameless plug??? i have over 50 posts...and im taking the LSAT in june...

i wish the powerscore people were paying me ::)

baseballjones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 12:39:28 AM »
why don't you take the powerscore class?

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 07:08:08 AM »
Yes, i bought the ultimate setups guide and it was worth every penny.

Ok everyone has heard of the games bible...but I found these very interesting...

The PowerScore
LSAT Logic Games Ultimate Setups Guide - $24.99
The Ultimate Setups Guide features setups for every game in each released LSAT from 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002.

just the diagram setups...not the LSATs...but this is exactly what I have been looking for..

Also of note is the not yet available (aug 2004)
The PowerScore
LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible - $44.99
Pre-Order Sale Price!
Available mid-August 2004. The PowerScore LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible™ is a comprehensive how-to manual for solving every type of Logical Reasoning question. Featuring dozens of real Logical Reasoning questions with detailed explanations, the Bible is the ultimate resource for improving your LSAT Logical Reasoning score.

Meltdown

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 10:35:37 AM »
Yes, i bought the ultimate setups guide and it was worth every penny.

Nathanielmark, I think you and I must have nearly the same study plan, except you seem to be somewhat ahead of me.

M2

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 10:50:57 AM »
I ordered the setup guide...i know its really going to help.

So often I wonder "is there a better way I could have setup this game..."

nathanielmark

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 11:03:24 AM »

Funny thing, i actually get the optimal setups for the moderate to easier games more often then not now. i usually still miss them on the hard games. i guess if nothing else i can look at that fact and see i am improving.

one thing for me where i have seen progress is that at first i did not do enough setup - would mainly miss the major inferences. then i got so caught up in setup i would try to write out too many possiblities before even hitting the questions (wasting a lot of time), and now i generally get it about right.  if you can identify a couple major templates its good to write them out, but you can waste a lot of time drawing out every possible scenario. 

i am also realizing now that even if i am planning on doing 3 full games, sometimes it is better to skip a question or 2 on one of those games to save time, then pick up a couple easier questions from a harder game. it seems like for every games section (generally) there are 2 relatively easy games, 1 moderate one that may have a couple of hard questions, and then a hard one.

I ordered the setup guide...i know its really going to help.

So often I wonder "is there a better way I could have setup this game..."

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 01:47:44 PM »
I agree with your suggestion to skip questions in the easier games.  I have been doing this and generally finishing with 5-7min left.  Then I can go do the clean up work on the ones that stumped me.  Generally, if I identify a question as one which will take a lot of leg work, I skip it.  You can usually tell within seconds if its hard or not.  This tactic has eliminated almost all of the time pressure issues I felt when I tried to struggle through the difficult questions.

werdma

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 08:58:52 PM »
Has anyone enrolled in the PowerScore 1099 classroom Prep course? I have heard it's worth it compared to all the other options (for the same amount of money)? How many supervised tests do they give you, and what is the greatest number of points their students have been able to go up?