Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Top Schools for Good Beer?  (Read 7612 times)

prospect

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
Re: Top Schools for Good Beer?
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2005, 02:36:32 PM »
Kevdog,

as a PSUer, you will appreciate the humor I found in going to the SF Giants' game & seeing that Rolling Rock was being sold at import prices...

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2005, 04:12:17 PM »
Kevdog,

as a PSUer, you will appreciate the humor I found in going to the SF Giants' game & seeing that Rolling Rock was being sold at import prices...

I find that funny, yes.  Rolling Rock is pretty much crap, as far as I'm concerned :).  I guess it's not much of a national beer if they can get away with selling it for import/specialty prices.  I betcha the people from San Francisco think it's funny that we consider Anchor Steam something special.  That's probably their Yeungling.

I love the Giants -- they are my favorite baseball team, I'd love to go to Pac Bell and see a game one day.

Praetor

• Sr. Citizen
  • Proud Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2005, 10:43:06 PM »
We put tomato juice in our beer? News to me. Dumb Americans.

ennuiner

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2005, 12:10:12 PM »
Well, some of you guys put Clamato in your beer instead, which is equally if not more f*cked up. Don't try and deny it, I spend enough time in BC and Alberta to know, and your country people betray you. Also, the whole putting Clamato in a bloody mary and calling it a caesar thing seems to encapsulate Canada perfectly; only slightly different but surely inferior.
163/3.95
Accepted: Texas
Defered: Penn
Pending: Cornell
Rejected: Boalt
Waitlist(after defered): G'town, UVA, Duke... can't find it in their heart to reject me

Jumboshrimps

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2005, 12:21:50 PM »
We put tomato juice in our beer? News to me. Dumb Americans.

Isn't that called a Red Eye? (perhaps if an egg was added)

ennuiner

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2005, 01:28:35 PM »
To me they mostly just refer to it as creatively titled "Red Beer," but then what do you expect of Canadians?
163/3.95
Accepted: Texas
Defered: Penn
Pending: Cornell
Rejected: Boalt
Waitlist(after defered): G'town, UVA, Duke... can't find it in their heart to reject me

prospect

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'll charm you yet..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2005, 01:41:12 PM »
A red beer is actually pretty good IMO.  You use a TTT beer, like PBR, so it's not like you are ruining a good beer.

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2005, 04:45:20 AM »
wisconsin is good for beer. most of the brands that people have mentioned I have seen for sale here. there are two brew pubs near campus that make very tasty ales. many places have authentic german imports on tap. also, we have a number of good breweries, not the least of which is capital brewery. Also, everyone of any age drinks in wisconsin. Beer and liquor is cheap here. We have the second lowest beer tax in the country: only wyoming's is less.

wisconsin has a great drinking culture: in the last three studies that measured such things, wisconsin led all states with the percentage of adults (20%) who said they had 5 or more drinks per sitting at least once in the past month.

ps: we drink plenty of canadian beer here. what we get (labatt, moosehead, molsons, sleeman) is pretty decent as far as BIGBEER goes, and sleeman's is quite tasty.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon