Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSD contests?  (Read 6271 times)

ndbisme

Re: LSD contests?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2004, 12:26:15 AM »
Let's play fantasy law school admissions. Instead of accumulating points for yaradage and touchdowns, players will accumulate points for acceptances and rejections based on the following chart:

USNWR Points for Points for
Ranking / Acceptance / Rejection

1 100 -1
2 99 -2
3 98 -3
4 97 -4
... ... ...
100 1 -100

For example, someone applies to Yale, Cornell, Vanderbilt, and Pitt. They are accepted at Cornell and Pitt but rejected by Yale and Vanderbilt. Scoring would be:

89 (Cornell) + 54 (Pittsburgh) - 1 (Yale) - 17 (Vanderbilt) = 125 fantasy points

We'll split into 8 team leagues and each league will have their own draft where teams take turns selecting LSD members for their fantasy roster. And we all know whoever gets the first pick is going to take Pookie. She's the Peyton Manning of fantasy law school admissions :)

Wow, you put a lot of thought into this.

Haha, you went all out!  This is a good idea, but how do we know if they really got accepted or rejected?  The honor code system?

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2004, 12:29:02 AM »
This is a good idea, but how do we know if they really got accepted or rejected?  The honor code system?

It worked on Seinfeld.

burghblast

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tforsean
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2004, 12:29:54 AM »
This is a good idea, but how do we know if they really got accepted or rejected?  The honor code system?

It worked on Seinfeld.

No wait, it didn't!  George cheated.  I guess the league winner will have to provide photocopies of acceptance letters before the results are certified :)

maximumtennis82

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2004, 12:30:17 AM »
TDPookie and I have to be drafted together. ;D

ndbisme

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2004, 12:36:14 AM »
This is a good idea, but how do we know if they really got accepted or rejected? The honor code system?

It worked on Seinfeld.

No wait, it didn't! George cheated. I guess the league winner will have to provide photocopies of acceptance letters before the results are certified :)

Haha, you mean the show where they had to go without?  This sounds like a good contest since most people already have their apps in and have posted about their acceptances.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2004, 01:57:26 AM »
Let's play fantasy law school admissions.  Instead of accumulating points for yaradage and touchdowns, players will accumulate points for acceptances and rejections based on the following chart:

USNWR     Points for   Points for

1         100           -1
2         99            -2
3         98            -3
4         97            -4
...       ...           ...
100       1             -100

For example, someone applies to Yale, Cornell, Vanderbilt, and Pitt.  They are accepted at Cornell and Pitt but rejected by Yale and Vanderbilt.  Scoring would be:

89 (Cornell) + 54 (Pittsburgh) - 1 (Yale) - 17 (Vanderbilt) = 125 fantasy points

We'll split into 8 team leagues and each league will have their own draft where teams take turns selecting LSD members for their fantasy roster.  And we all know whoever gets the first pick is going to take Pookie.  She's the Peyton Manning of fantasy law school admissions :)

that sounds fun!  i'm gonna keep score that way.

and  :-* to you and maximumtennis.  max, can we have absy and dolce on our team too?  and if we can draft xoxoers, we also want alcibiades, who has been accepted to all the top 3 already.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

maximumtennis82

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2004, 09:34:11 AM »
Should we add some kind of equalizing function, to take out the natural advantage gained by  individuals with heaps of applications out?  It doesn't make much sense that somebody like Alcibiades could be worth less points than somebody who applied to 40 tier 2 schools...perhaps divide scores by the total number of apps?

buster

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2004, 09:35:24 AM »
I'm hurt, Pookie. No Y/S (yet  ;)), but I'd think my 10 of top 23 would count for something.  :'(

Let's play fantasy law school admissions.  Instead of accumulating points for yaradage and touchdowns, players will accumulate points for acceptances and rejections based on the following chart:

USNWR     Points for   Points for

1         100           -1
2         99            -2
3         98            -3
4         97            -4
...       ...           ...
100       1             -100

For example, someone applies to Yale, Cornell, Vanderbilt, and Pitt.  They are accepted at Cornell and Pitt but rejected by Yale and Vanderbilt.  Scoring would be:

We'll split into 8 team leagues and each league will have their own draft where teams take turns selecting LSD members for their fantasy roster.  And we all know whoever gets the first pick is going to take Pookie.  She's the Peyton Manning of fantasy law school admissions :)

that sounds fun!  i'm gonna keep score that way.

and  :-* to you and maximumtennis.  max, can we have absy and dolce on our team too?  and if we can draft xoxoers, we also want alcibiades, who has been accepted to all the top 3 already.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2004, 09:38:25 AM »
Don't pick me.
It'll be like kickball all over again.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

ndbisme

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2004, 09:52:02 PM »
The thread musn't die :'(!  Someone out there should have some other iders...