Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: U of Michigan Fall 2005 vs. Summer 2005 LSDAS Report  (Read 441 times)

Starresky

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LeftMusic
    • View Profile
U of Michigan Fall 2005 vs. Summer 2005 LSDAS Report
« on: December 28, 2004, 09:36:15 PM »
Hey,

I just checked to see which schools have requested my reports today and I noticed that Michigan did but under term/year it says Summer/2005, but I applied Fall/2005. What do you think that means?

Love,
Q

PitcherShot

• View Profile
Re: U of Michigan Fall 2005 vs. Summer 2005 LSDAS Report
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 10:01:13 PM »
That's odd - there was a spot on the application where you had to check which term you would like your application to be considered for. Summer 2005 was the first option, so maybe if you didn't check fall, it defaulted to summer. It's not happening to everyone; my report says fall 2005.

Another possibility - did you check the "either summer or fall" box? If you transmitted via LSACD, you can check all of this and ease your mind.

good luck

thorpedodude

• AOL Instant Messenger - thorpedodude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 10:24:23 PM »
Yeah, the same tihng happened to me because I checked the either/or box so I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
LSAT 168  GPA 3.62

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 10:54:32 PM »
if you checked off the "summer or fall" box, they'll pick one for you, and you have to have a good reason to switch.  if you prefer fall, call and ask them to change your preference.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
i don't think you need a reason to change before a decision has been made.  once a decision has been made though, it'll be harder to move.  but if you don't think you'll get in, you might increase your chances by keeping that option open.  if there isn't a particular reason you can't start in summer, leave it be and start if summer if that's how you get in.  it's worth it to go to michigan :)  plus, summer start has its own advantages anyway, like having a lesser courseload, getting to know a small group of students really well before school starts, living in AA in the summer...
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 01:04:48 AM »
i don't think you need a reason to change before a decision has been made.  once a decision has been made though, it'll be harder to move.  but if you don't think you'll get in, you might increase your chances by keeping that option open.  if there isn't a particular reason you can't start in summer, leave it be and start if summer if that's how you get in.  it's worth it to go to michigan :)  plus, summer start has its own advantages anyway, like having a lesser courseload, getting to know a small group of students really well before school starts, living in AA in the summer...

You think I'll have a better chance if I apply for summer? Well then, shoot, I'll take Michigan any way they'll have me! Thanks Pook!

Love,
Q

i'm guessing that if you leave the options open, you might have a slightly better chance.  totally my guess, i have no facts to back up what i'm guessing, it's just something that kinda makes sense to me.  if you really like the school, i'd give them as much flexibility as you can in admitting you.  if my reachier schools had a summer start option, i'd totally take it.  it can't hurt.  it might help, it might have no effect.  but i'd take the chance of a possible boost to chances if the result is going to whatever the school in question is.  and michigan is an awesome school.  i say go for it.  esp since you already graduated, so it's not like you'd be done with college in mid-june, then moving straight to mich to start law school.