Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pepperdine Waitlist  (Read 2506 times)

Delta Zeta Girl

• View Profile
Pepperdine Waitlist
« on: April 26, 2004, 08:08:35 PM »
Anyone else stuck on Pepperdine's wait list? 

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
Re: Pepperdine Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 07:53:26 AM »
My app at Pepperdine is pending.  Applied 3/1 -- when did you apply, what are you rnumbers, and when did you get your waitlist letter?  Thanks!!!

Delta Zeta Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 12:32:12 PM »
I received the wait list letter on Saturday, April 24th.  I submitted my application online the last week in February.  I expected a rejection letter from them.  My GPA is 3.0 and my LSAT score is a miserable 149.  I overcame significant challenges that i mentioned in my Personal Statement and my LORs are pretty good.  I guess that helped.

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 03:47:08 PM »
I received the wait list letter on Saturday, April 24th.  I submitted my application online the last week in February.  I expected a rejection letter from them.  My GPA is 3.0 and my LSAT score is a miserable 149.  I overcame significant challenges that i mentioned in my Personal Statement and my LORs are pretty good.  I guess that helped.

Wow! You must have submitted a great Personal Statement and LOR's.  Congratulations for getting on the Waitlist! 

Do you think there were any other contributing factors?  Religion?  Diversity?  "URM" ??? 

Just curious...

I feel better about my chances at Pepp now...I just hope to hear from them soon.  I really have a life to get back to.

Thanks again for your candor.

Delta Zeta Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 04:27:48 PM »
 I'm a African-American female but really I hope that wasn't the only reason they waitlisted me instead of rejecting me because there was so much more to my application.  I was President of my sorority and involved in it for almost 4 years.  For the last year I've been a judicial extern in the Los Angeles Superior Courts through a program at my University.  I've worked since my senior year in high school and had two jobs for a while.  I majored in English and minored in Pre-Law.  I was accepted at Whittier so unless I get into Pepperdine somehow that's where I'm going.   

pendreamy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 05:23:23 PM »
Watch out--Ken Starr is the new dean at Pepperdine

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2004, 11:04:50 PM »
I'm a African-American female but really I hope that wasn't the only reason they waitlisted me instead of rejecting me because there was so much more to my application.  I was President of my sorority and involved in it for almost 4 years.  For the last year I've been a judicial extern in the Los Angeles Superior Courts through a program at my University.  I've worked since my senior year in high school and had two jobs for a while.  I majored in English and minored in Pre-Law.  I was accepted at Whittier so unless I get into Pepperdine somehow that's where I'm going.   

You sound eminently qualified.  I can understand the waitlist. It's a shame that your GPA and LSAT are so low.  I like your resume better than mine :-)  - Whittier is my top choice right now because I'm pending at all the T1/T2/T3 schools to which I aplied.  Of the T4s, Whittier offered me the most money, and no matter how I slice it, Whittier is just as good as any other T4.

dta

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 11:30:53 PM »
SpeakerDave, you haven't been accepted yet to any T2 or T3 schools? With 3.35/161? Do you have a contagious disease or something? Damn. I fear for what the 2005 admissions year holds for me.

SpeakerDave

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.35 / 161
    • View Profile
    • SpeakerDave
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 08:03:39 AM »
SpeakerDave, you haven't been accepted yet to any T2 or T3 schools? With 3.35/161? Do you have a contagious disease or something? Damn. I fear for what the 2005 admissions year holds for me.

I had to take the Feb LSAT -- so all my apps were late.  U. Miami waitlisted me.  Other than that, all my accepts were T4 (within weeks of being complete), and YES, I'm still pending at T1/T2/T3 schools --- It's quite nerve racking.

No contageous disease...There's just not a shortage of white jewish males with my numbers in the applicant pool.  I'm somewhat distinguished in that I am 31, have considerable work experience, and contribute heavily to a school's diversity because of my background.  I figure one of my pending schools should give me the "thumbs up" -- I'd be happy with any of them...in this thread, I'm crossing my fingers for Pepp.

Oh, and what's with all this, "Look out Ken Starr is the Dean at Pepp" stuff?  Sounds like a bonus to me. 

jgomez

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 09:17:36 AM »
dang speakerdave, i could only imagine you will get into something higher than a 4th tier, even with applying late.  Those stats are great, maybe you should wait a year so that you get a fair chance. 

i think if you applied earlier, you are definitely a shoe in for SouthWestern, and are in good running for Loyola.  Even with applying that late, I still think you have a good chance at SouthWestern.

oh if I had those stats...