Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Columbia admitted students day  (Read 2017 times)

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
Re: Columbia admitted students day
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2004, 09:17:32 PM »
1. Has Columbia already started sending non-ED acceptances?  Or are ya'll just being preemptive?

2. I use good old fashioned Nivea (I have really dry skin).

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2004, 09:20:14 PM »
1.) She's being preemptive (but not unreasonably - she's pretty much a sure thing, in my personal opinion!)

2.) Nivea is wonderful - I use their body lotion.  Smells like home :)
HLS

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004, 09:59:13 PM »
some of the cutest things (children!) are great subjects for horror movies precisely because of that contrast.

pookie, you have a good point!  It cost me $50 for 8 oz, but that should last me at least 9 months, maybe a year...so that's...13 cents a day?

yup!  even if it's twice as much as drugstore brands, it's still so little per use that it's not particularly expensive.  when i read reviews on the one i wanted to buy, this girl was saying that she buys the biggest one, and she and her boyfriend both use it, and it lasts a year.  and it's like $60 or so.  i think she said that since a little bit goes such a long way, it's kinda like it's the same price as the other ones.  or maybe i justified it that way.

newy, i'm being pre-emptive, though i'm certainly not assuming that i'll get in.  as i told columbia in the e-mail (so i wouldn't sound presumptuous), i've been accepted to NYU and am planning a trip to NYC to see the school, and i want to know columbia's dates so that in the event that i do get accepted, i won't have to change my plans to make it there.  i wanted to go to NYU's march 4 date, so this is perfect.  i'm probably going the weekend before, staying till the weekend after.  1 or 3 days will be law school visit time, and the rest of the time will be tourist time.  my concern was that NYU has three visit days, whereas everyone else seems to have 1, maybe 2.  so i didn't want to pick the wrong day to plan on going to NYU.  and as it turns out, columbia has nothing during NYU's last date.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

buster

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 10:02:28 PM »
kiehl's makes good stuff (trust me, I know of which I speak)

newy

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2008
    • View Profile
    • newy@lsn
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2004, 03:14:49 PM »
i wanted to go to NYU's march 4 date, so this is perfect.  i'm probably going the weekend before, staying till the weekend after.  1 or 3 days will be law school visit time, and the rest of the time will be tourist time. 

This sounds like a great trip.  Maybe I will see you there!   8)

I was just asking about pre-emptiveness since I hadn't heard anything from Columbia yet.  Good luck to you.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 03:27:37 PM »
i wanted to go to NYU's march 4 date, so this is perfect.  i'm probably going the weekend before, staying till the weekend after.  1 or 3 days will be law school visit time, and the rest of the time will be tourist time. 

This sounds like a great trip.  Maybe I will see you there!   8)

I was just asking about pre-emptiveness since I hadn't heard anything from Columbia yet.  Good luck to you.

thanks, good luck to you too (not that you need it)!  :)

on a related note, LSN shows that last year, the first RD acceptance came on jan 11, and the first rejection was jan 18.  there were a lot of decisions later in the month, esp around jan 26.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?