Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Poor LSAT/GPA -Need Advice  (Read 4296 times)

maricutie

Re: Poor LSAT/GPA -Need Advice
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 11:49:30 AM »
Yeah, not sure myself. I think it would be a good idea, though, if possible. Maybe contact LSAC about this? Also, if she hasn't graduated yet, she could extend that by a year or so.

Tymeless

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 03:35:11 PM »
Yeah, not sure myself. I think it would be a good idea, though, if possible. Maybe contact LSAC about this? Also, if she hasn't graduated yet, she could extend that by a year or so.

I actually graduated jan. 2004.  I have been working for the past year in a law firm, so I am not sure if I would be able to take courses at a junior college in order to bump up my gpa. Also, I went to NYU and they I do not think they average the grade from other schools into your gpa, but they apply credits toward degree progress. 

I will do some research, if it is possible I will try. Thanks

maricutie

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 03:45:30 PM »
I actually graduated jan. 2004.  I have been working for the past year in a law firm, so I am not sure if I would be able to take courses at a junior college in order to bump up my gpa. Also, I went to NYU and they I do not think they average the grade from other schools into your gpa, but they apply credits toward degree progress. 

I will do some research, if it is possible I will try. Thanks

Even if it doesn't get calculated into NYU's gpa, it'll still get reported to law schools, and get calculated into your cumulative UGPA. Of course, this is all assuming that any undergrad courses taken after your degree are valid.

grannypants

• In my day nickels had pictures of bumble bees
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 05:03:23 PM »
I didn't do so hot either and have a crappy gpa from my first semester which was almost ten years ago. I think you have a great p.s and don't give up!! Sadly, we're 'older' applicants so that is at least one advantage and you have an unique story which adds to any class. Good luck!!!!

Tymeless

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 11:35:11 AM »
Thank you for all of your advice on my topic.  I actually did apply for the Fall 2005 term and I am pleased to say that I received my first letter of acceptance last night to New York Law School.
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take"
I am taking all the shots I can.
In:NYLS, Touro
Out: St. Johns, Brooklyn, Hofstra (Damn, Damn, Damn!!!)

Dolcejn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 03:54:36 PM »
Congratulations!!! :)
HLS

gentoo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Are you talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 06:37:59 PM »
You are my new hero, tymeless. Congrats!!!! :D
Pending: Whittier (PT + FT)

Thomas 239

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2005, 11:48:35 PM »
I checked on the LSAC website, and undergraduate grades after your first BS or BA do not count towards your UGPA.
GPA: :/
LSAT: 171 (Oct. 05)