Law School Discussion

How to view an LSN admit....

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
Re: How to view an LSN admit....
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 10:11:32 PM »
i tend to think, "hey thats good, i have a chance."  unless they have the URM advantage, in which case knowing they got accepted doesnt really help

Yeah, I saw someone get into Cornell with my exact same numbers but was URM.  Made me want to tear my hair out (not like I was expecting an acceptance with a 156 or anything ;)). 

Whenever I see a non-URM with close to my numbers get into Boalt, though, I get this horrible false sense of hope.  I wish they'd send me my letter and get it over with already.  I'm starting to DREAM about them.  That's never good, heh.

midjeep

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2004, 08:37:20 AM »
When you see someone with similar stats get accepted to your reach or target school on LSN, do you think "Great I have a shot there!" or "darn, they just took my spot!"? I feel like my chances get severly diminished when someone with similar gets admitted, but I have been really pessimistic lately (it's beyond the point of the glass being half empty to "what glass?").

i never thought to view it as a bad thing.  but i will now.  gee, thanks, midjeep.  ;)

That's me! The official LSN killjoy. Give me 5 minutes I could probably make Richard Simons commit suicide.

ElizaB

• What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2004, 08:55:16 AM »
What pisses me off is seeing someone with URM status with lower numbers than mine be accepted (and/or receive a fat scholarship) to some school.  I can handle a URM with the same (or similar or even slightly lower) numbers getting in over me because I recognize the need for some diversity of experience in law school, but it makes me really hot when I see a URM get in somewhere I haven't with numbers significantly below mine. 

russian_concussion

• Highjacker Extraordinaire
    • AOL Instant Messenger - agradon
    • View Profile
    • Get a Free IPod
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2004, 09:00:58 AM »
What REALLY depresses me is when I see on LSN people with similar number as I who have been rejected by schools that I've applied to.  :-\

For me, its seeing people with much higher numbers get rejected.  :-\